Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The longer you need to stay for the charger, the more time you have to shop.

Until it gets so long that you just stop elsewhere for a charge. For me, this is an Atlanta <-> Charlotte trip question, so I can adjust my speed or stop for an hour. But if I had to get a charge without swinging through the Charlotte SC, I would probably go somewhere else with a faster charger as I won't spend more than two hours (and for me at least, that's even pushing it) at Commerce.

I agree completely. Whenever I use free charging I go out of my way to find things to purchase and always mention that I am there because of EV charging.

For this quote and the Yelp review comment, it just reminds me that Tesla owners tend to be nice friendly people!

- - - Updated - - -

The Bleckley is lovely but it's 10 miles each way from the Expressway which eats away time and miles.
It's a workaround, but we need a Supercharger or 80 amp charger right on I-85 in South Carolina.

I completely agree that we need an SC in this area, but in the interim the Bleckley Inn is an excellent alternative. We get off 85 at 29 south to get there, and then take 24 south to get back on 85. It only adds a few miles, much less than the 15 miles roundtrip directly off 85. It is a pleasant drive (especially 29) and a nice change of pace when we are doing 1800 miles over a long weekend. Plus we have a 60, so we are used to having to do a bit more planning. But it hasn't slowed us down - it's time for our 72K service appointment!

Going from Atlanta North on 85 you pretty much lose 20 miles on the detour to Bleckley.
If it was an SC with that detour or an 80 amp closer to 85 it was be easier to accept.
I guess Braves fans are just not as positive as Tiger ones are!

Some good news for dual charger owners: I've learned that there is an HPWC in Greenville free to use. A Tesla owner has installed the HPWC in the back of his dental building. It's on Plugshare too. Thomas Family Dentistry 1141 E Butler Road. 864-676-0046. 80 amps. A person who charged there said they only got 40 amps but it was unclear whether that driver had dual chargers. The owner (Dr Thomas, I assume) reached out to me to tell me about the HPWC after reading comments I left on PLugshare re: the Greenville CHAdeMO failings. It will help while we wait for the Supercharger. On that note, I understand there is a hearing on the lawsuit of the property where the Supercharger was being installed on July 5th. Maybe there will be some news soon. Hopefully not just another continuance.

Some good news for dual charger owners: I've learned that there is an HPWC in Greenville free to use. A Tesla owner has installed the HPWC in the back of his dental building. It's on Plugshare too. Thomas Family Dentistry 1141 E Butler Road. 864-676-0046. 80 amps. A person who charged there said they only got 40 amps but it was unclear whether that driver had dual chargers. The owner (Dr Thomas, I assume) reached out to me to tell me about the HPWC after reading comments I left on PLugshare re: the Greenville CHAdeMO failings. It will help while we wait for the Supercharger. On that note, I understand there is a hearing on the lawsuit of the property where the Supercharger was being installed on July 5th. Maybe there will be some news soon. Hopefully not just another continuance.

Wonderful Southern Hospitality at its Best!!!

Here are a couple of links:

With 246 miles between Charlotte, NC and Decatur, GA, this is a great top-up, bridge solution!

This is really great news. The large hole in the SC network now has a reliable plug thanks to Dr. Thomas. I hope the SC legal issues will be soon resolved, but in the meantime my Red S can happily coexist.

Wonderful Southern Hospitality at its Best!!!

Here are a couple of links:

With 246 miles between Charlotte, NC and Decatur, GA, this is a great top-up, bridge solution!

Yes - I got so into making sure I got the details right that I didn't reflect on his incredible generosity and how much this is going to help people. He gave me permission to put it on the blog. I'll let him know how excited and grateful we all are!

What great news!
Would the office need a call before dropping by?
Will it be available 24/7?

According to the info on Plugshare it will be available 24/7. 864-676-0046. He also said that if a red P85 is plugged in, then you should call so he can disconnect it for you. I gather that is his Tesla Baby : )
It's such wonderful generosity, isn't it? It makes me want to change dentists...

If you see this error on a Signet CHAdeMO charger it shows the "Emergency" has tripped and needs resetting. To reset start the Charging session from the "Ready" screen touch 'button', select charger cord to use by touching the selection (if charger has SAE CCS and CHAdeMO connectors). If CHAdeMO is selected the door pops open for removal of plug. At the upper right is a red button (which is also visible when the door is closed) follow the arrows in the button and twist it to release and reset. Plug in the CHAdeMO into the Tesla adapter. Then making sure the Tesla charge port is active (blue light) plug it in and then touch the screen to start charging. At Richmond West Aloft Hotel a Leaf when trying to connect to this type of charger always trips the emergency whereas my Model S had no problems once I figured out how to reset the 'Emergency'.

The dentist's office looks to be within walking distance of several different retailers and restaurants. This certainly looks like a great place to make the Charlotte/Atlanta trip easier. Only a couple of miles from I-85. Thanks for finding and posting.

I have now had occasion to use both the CHAdeMO at Richardson Street Garage and the HPWC at the dentist's office in Greenville, topping up for the Atlanta-Charlotte trip. Here's my take:
1. The Richardson CHAdeMO has the advantage of faster charging and there is easier access to more amenities, but it is a busy place and I expect there is a greater chance you might have to wait on someone else. You also need an adapter, of course, and you must pay for parking. There have also been reports of the unit's not working properly.
2. The dentist's HPWC delivers 80 amps and 50+ mph (IF you have dual chargers) or 40 amps with a single charger, but it is more convenient to I-85 and probably less likely to be already in use.
Since I was using these Greenville locations just to add a little buffer to an otherwise-tight range, both of them were fine and welcome additions to the infrastructure.