Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the Greenville supercharger today!

The transformer is in place, but the power hasn't been turned on. Also looked around behind it and saw that it's not hooked up... Duke power needs to speed up... Will post pics later tonight when I get to my hotel

Sitting in front of the SC now and there are two utility trucks here and they are digging to run power to transformer. Pouring down rain and cold!

Trey

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
Sitting in front of the SC now and there are two utility trucks here and they are digging to run power to transformer. Pouring down rain and cold!

Trey

Trey thanks for all the intel on this site!! We are headed back down to the panhandle of FL next Friday. I am so hoping for this to come on line by next Friday. I am becoming weary of planning and watching my speed to make the hop from Charlotte to ATL and back. I have landed in the single digit club several times on this leg, and my wife does enjoy being in that club! So happy to see this one FINALLY coming to life! What a saga this one has been for everyone.

Great news to see the utility at work! Yes we are very much coming from ATL and CLT this Sunday... Should be about 7-10 model Ss arriving around noon...

Likely BBQ lunch at sticky fingers around the corner and then a distillery tour downtown before we head back...

Of course, only if the supercharger is working, else we push it out by a weekend

So not just Trey, but these people are unsung heros here to work in that weather. Trey, I hear there is a group meeting up there this coming Sunday at noon. I hope you will be in attendance.

Yes, I applaud these guys working in these conditions! The weather is downright dreary today.
I had not heard of a meeting until you said something. Let me know details and I will try to make it.

Great news to see the utility at work! Yes we are very much coming from ATL and CLT this Sunday... Should be about 7-10 model Ss arriving around noon...

Likely BBQ lunch at sticky fingers around the corner and then a distillery tour downtown before we head back...

Of course, only if the supercharger is working, else we push it out by a weekend

Let me know if the lunch is a go, would enjoy meeting some of you. You must be thinking of Dark Corner Distillery? Nice little place.
Trey

Yes, I applaud these guys working in these conditions! The weather is downright dreary today.
I had not heard of a meeting until you said something. Let me know details and I will try to make it.
Let me know if the lunch is a go, would enjoy meeting some of you. You must be thinking of Dark Corner Distillery? Nice little place.
Trey

We may have to throw this back to the other Greenville locals to tell us by Saturday evening if the SpC is online.

Trey - join the Facebook "Tesla Motors Fans - Atlanta" group?
Will do!

Or Tesla Owners Carolinas :)
I have been "Pending" for 'Carolina's Tesla Owners and Fans Group' for some time now. I just checked and it still shows me being pending.

Tesla wants to spoil our party ... They're saying not officially open this weekend... Trey - will you check if the plugs are lit on Saturday? We're coming if they're up...
I will be checking it every day between now and Saturday. I stopped back by later today and the utility guys said all that was left was to run the line up the pole and make the connections. That will power up the transformer, but leaves the question of when someone comes back and throws the switch in the SC cabinets.

Trey

Not saying they did this, but I could see Tesla "playing it safe" and not wanting people planning to use the SpC this weekend in case the work isn't finished up in time. Would hate for a Model S to pull up at zero and then be stuck (which they really wouldn't be, but I can see the argument that a company will push back for delaying any expectations until it's actually operational).

Sorry to hear that Buddyroe - I've been happy with the Carolina Tesla group for awhile and have had nothing but positive experiences. They are actually the reason my husband agreed to buy a Tesla. He needed to hear back in summer 2013 that people in this area had good service and delivery experiences.

Trey - thank you for your diligence!

Maybe we can keep this group active even once the SpC is up and running : )