Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if construction is completed, the power company still needs to provide a transformer and power drop to the site. In some cases this can take up to 6 weeks. We'll see how fast the local power company can be! Hopefully, it's only for the Thanksgiving holiday.

I'm hoping so, or else I'll be hitting up PlugShare to find a friendly owner who will let me borrow a 14-50 outlet!

Any update from the local guys? Is construction completed?

I stopped by on Friday and saw one of the construction workers talking with someone so I walked over. I heard them talking that they were pretty much done and that electrical inspection would be Monday (today) or Tuesday. He said that Duke Energy had already been out and told them they hope to be energized by end of week.
I will go by again today and see if there are any changes. What I saw on Friday was them finishing up connections in the SC stalls. The fence around the charger cabinets was done, trees had been planted and it looked like they had black topped the spaces and repainted the lines.
Trey

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping so, or else I'll be hitting up PlugShare to find a friendly owner who will let me borrow a 14-50 outlet!

Don't forget that the dentist down Woodruff Rd a bit has a Tesla wall charger. I think I had read it was at 80A as well.
Trey

Don't forget that the dentist down Woodruff Rd a bit has a Tesla wall charger. I think I had read it was at 80A as well.
Trey

Oh, I haven't, but we will have to see if it would be that helpful to me. Thanksgiving Dinner is at Lake Lenier and I will NOT have destination charging available. Greenville -> Gainesville -> Greenville round trip w/o a charge is pushing things in my 85. As such, I would be better served to find destination charging around Gainesville.

If the Supercharger is open, I can stop by for a range charge to give me more buffer and also reduce downtime in Gainesville. If I have to use the Dentist's office, I suspect the better half will be ready to go before the car finishes charging.

New Update

There has been more progress. The transformer has been delivered and placed on it's pad. Looks like all that is left is for the connection to the transmission lines and the installation of the new light poles. The site is now cleared of most construction related equipment and the barricade has been removed. If what the construction worker had said is right, this SC may be online within 1-2 weeks. Possibly even by the end of this week!!
Trey
DSCN1068.jpg
DSCN1069.jpg
DSCN1070.jpg
DSCN1073.jpg
DSCN1074.jpg
DSCN1075.jpg

There has been more progress. The transformer has been delivered and placed on it's pad. Looks like all that is left is for the connection to the transmission lines and the installation of the new light poles. The site is now cleared of most construction related equipment and the barricade has been removed. If what the construction worker had said is right, this SC may be online within 1-2 weeks. Possibly even by the end of this week!!
Trey
View attachment 98627

Great pic of the new pedestal innards!!!

I've started using the term "Bronze Spike" for filling in the gaps of key feeder routs. Greenville definitely qualifies for a "Bronze Spike" when it opens!

I think we should arrange for a meet and greet at some point and we buy Trey a pint! :D

Thanks! I just want to help the people interested in this SC up to date as I know a few would really benefit from it.

Oh yes! Great photos! Thanks, Trey.

Thank you!

Yes, great shot Trey! I'm stealing it to post elsewhere if that's ok (crediting back to you and this post of course)

By all means go ahead! Use it however you need.
Trey

Plantation FL first started popping up as a possibility in Sept 2014, got approved by city council in Oct or Nov, and got permitted in Dec. So, well under a year if you are comparing apples to apples, and Greenville definitely wins no matter how you measure.

Not sure if I would use the term "wins" in this context. Maybe "is a horrid nightmare of a story" would be better