Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd much rather see the SuperCharger somewhere near Tesla's original location or on the I-85/I-195 interchange. While I appreciate being able to visit small local shops and such, it seems like anything downtown is going to add significant time to the trip because of local traffic and the likelihood that such a supercharger would be a bit out of the way, not to mention the fact that going up to downtown Greenville is already a few extra miles of detour.

If they can put it somewhere that is easy to get to and doesn't add significant time to people driving through Greenville between Atlanta and Charlotte, then I'm all for putting it downtown, but if it's going to add a lot of time, I'll take the national chains (as much as I'd love to have better choices).

So I spoke to Jennifer Satterthwaite (South Carolina's Clean Air Cities coordinator)... She has visibility into a 30 plus Fast charger deployment in South Carolina, supported by the Nissan Advantage program. She has asked us to email her our recommendations for placement that can be passed into the promoters. Her email address is [email protected] and I have her permission to give it out to you guys...

Good day all. Just want to remind everyone of the destination charger at the Bleckley Inn in Anderson, SC. We stayed there this weekend and charged overnight. It is a marvelous hotel and the owner is very gracious. You don't have to stay at the hotel in order to charge, but if you do stay there, you will not be disappointed. When planning our trips south, we always include an overnight stay here: The Bleckley Inn, a South Carolina Hotel and Wedding Venue in downtown Anderson, South Carolina SC..

So I spoke to Jennifer Satterthwaite (South Carolina's Clean Air Cities coordinator)... She has visibility into a 30 plus Fast charger deployment in South Carolina, supported by the Nissan Advantage program. She has asked us to email her our recommendations for placement that can be passed into the promoters. Her email address is [email protected] and I have her permission to give it out to you guys...

Once the Supercharger gets built this fall (and Tesla apparently has another location already) I won't care about EV infrastructure in the city. I'm guessing a lot of people here won't either. Even if Greenville is my destination, I'd still use the Supercharger I've already paid for rather than spending money at L2/L3 sites around the city.

I travel to Chattanooga often for work, and the only time I've thought I might have to use the L2 chargers in the city is if I'm up there when the airport blocks access to the SC's while they repave the lot.

BWahahahahhahahaha ... did I just really find it for real this time?

Google Maps

2015-07-31_21-03-56.jpg
2015-07-31_21-04-50.jpg

Yes, this is almost like geocaching. Find a clue and start searching.
@Zarwin, where did you find the permits anyway? I've looked at the Greenville county site and can't find where to search.
Trey

I searched through this:

http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/366

Then plugged the permit number into this:

Click2Gov Building Permit - Select Permit

EDIT:
I now see there are a boatload of permits for that same site, but the two I reference above were paired under the same permit number so I thought 8 bay parking + large electrical service paired under one single permit number seemed like it would be it. I just searched for parking or something like that and looked up the one that seemed most likely. It was the first one I plugged in. But I guess they are co-incidentally just building a "stand-alone" 8-bay parking garage with a large electrical service attached.

The images above have the Application# as 14-4438, which is the same as the Permit# I guess, or all the permits are under the application number and don't have their own number, the terms are interchangeable it appears. This is a fun little game.

Edit 2:
Ok, more digging but no result. I have narrowed down exactly where the permit would be and what it would look like as I've found the old one:

2015-08-01_17-18-01.jpg

And as far as I can tell, no new permit has been issued to date, and I've looked at the permit list pretty hard. So either they haven't even started the permitting process, or the SC will be outside of Greenville.

Edit 3:
I also figured out how to efficiently pull up the county permits for greenville county, assuming the supercharger is outside of the city limits. Went through permits from June of last year to now. Nothing. I'm giving up now, I am defeated. I don't believe the supercharger will be built this year.

Last edited: