Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3809.PNG

No it's a good location. Hamilton is a junction to access Grimsby and Woodstock. From Toronto SuC it's not enough
Hamilton is a good location but I am not sure that Limeridge Mall is a good location. IMHO Mapleview Mall (which is technically Burlington) or even Hamilton somewhere near the 403 & Main St would be better locations. This is out of the way and you wouldn't be passing by this area unless you were going from Brantford to Niagara and taking the Linc. The sites that I mentioned would be better for travelers going from Toronto to Brantford who won't pass an SC other than Sherway (assuming that they are taking the QEW).

Hamilton is a good location but I am not sure that Limeridge Mall is a good location. IMHO Mapleview Mall (which is technically Burlington) or even Hamilton somewhere near the 403 & Main St would be better locations. This is out of the way and you wouldn't be passing by this area unless you were going from Brantford to Niagara and taking the Linc. The sites that I mentioned would be better for travelers going from Toronto to Brantford who won't pass an SC other than Sherway (assuming that they are taking the QEW).
Mapleview has got to be the worse location possible. That parking lot is always over-flowing. I think everyone in Burlington visits that mall on a daily basis. I hate going there because I know I'll need to drive around for hours looking for parking.

It doesn't have to be in the Mapleview Mall lot but in that general area - namely the junction of the QEW,403 and 407. It could be in the Ikea parking lot or by one of the three strip malls at Brant and the N Service Rd - like the Costco or Best Buy or Indigo. That location makes far more sense than Upper Wentworth and the Linc. There's a Hydro One substation in the area as well so getting lots of power shouldn't be an issue.

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Not a current owner, but have an early Model 3 reservation and have been an investor for a few years.

I live about 2 mins away from Limeridge Mall and checked out the supercharger location this morning. I can definitely confirm that there were 10 supercharger crates on the construction site. In addition there were several other large boxes with tarp which I believe may be the distribution cabinets mentioned above. I am quite sure this will be a 20 stall location, which would be consistent with the other new sites in the GTA.

The construction crew was on-site and things seem to be moving along quickly, I expect it to be active before 2018. I'll keep my eye on it and provide updates + pictures as things move along.

Thank you! Yes I figured, I avoided the urge of visiting the construction site until I saw your shadow speculation lol
To be honest I am a bit annoyed with the location. I live in Scarberia but I grew up in Ancaster and my mom now lives in Stoney Creek and I visit her frequently. It isn't normally an issue to get there and back in my P85D but if the SC was on the way I might use it occasionally in the winter. Currently there aren't any SCs along the way and if I need a charge I would have had to drive an extra 10km each way to go to Grimsby.

I guess I could no go up the Red Hill and Linc to get to this SC but it is a bit out of the way to go from T.O to Stoney Creek through that route.

To be honest I am a bit annoyed with the location. I live in Scarberia but I grew up in Ancaster and my mom now lives in Stoney Creek and I visit her frequently. It isn't normally an issue to get there and back in my P85D but if the SC was on the way I might use it occasionally in the winter. Currently there aren't any SCs along the way and if I need a charge I would have had to drive an extra 10km each way to go to Grimsby.

I guess I could no go up the Red Hill and Linc to get to this SC but it is a bit out of the way to go from T.O to Stoney Creek through that route.
I totally agree, even for me living 2 minutes away, I will probably hardly ever use it once I get my Model 3 because I will be charging at home. As others have mentioned, somewhere around the 403/407/QEW junction would be ideal.

However, I think that this location aligns well with the new mandate that Tesla unveiled for the SC program a couple months ago, in that it’s more for people who live in Hamilton who don’t have access to charging at home or work. For that purpose, it’s a great location as people can kill time in the mall while their cars charge.

Also I think we need to remember that Tesla got a lot of data through the Model 3 reservations. They know where the demand is going to be and we are seeing that through their choice of SC locations. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a service center in Hamilton at some point in the future.

Here are some photos from late this afternoon.

As the first photo shows, I count 20 connections all aligned in a single row running along that North-South road on the periphery of the Lime Ridge parking lot. There's a group of 5+4 wooden crates seen in the 2 views taken from 180 degrees apart, which also show a white "Tesla Energy" box plus four "Do not stack over two high" boxes. At the southern end of the site are three black-wrapped boxes. I don't know if anyone can usefully decode the number of parallel pipes, wooden pallets, and/or the 2 square concrete foundations.
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG
IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG