Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Haymarket, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What'da ya think, Reddy?

I think that looks good, at least the crew didn't skip town like mine did! Keep the pictures coming. Keep an eye on the new pole for a cross arm and the power cable to branch out and tie to the existing power lines. They will add lightning arrestors, white with stress cones Black to terminate.

Hopefully they got that graded out and dropped the precast pad and transformer down. They will pull there cable but the Tesla contractor might have to pull there cable to the switchboard next.

Reactions: Nornagest
7818F04D-15F3-4B24-A00E-C33F79FEFCD0.jpeg
Lotta cable work today, and a concrete slab where the transformer is soon to go.

That is a good sign, they will get a transformer over those cables before someone liberates the copper. :eek:

Don't see it going up the pole yet though.

Meter can is set so that work can progress ASAP also. Maybe Elon will push to get it in the "open column" for the year 2018. It's real close now not to Get-R-Done. Two more days of field work, two crews? Day or two on the pole and day on transformer end. maybe half day on meter department connections. How many days of paperwork though????:rolleyes:

Did they open up all of the SC stands? Are those the covers on the ground? I would hope there done.

="Did they open up all of the SC stands? Are those the covers on the ground? I would hope there done.

They did and they are - all the covers had been removed and they were definitely doing something with them, wiring it looked like. There was also a Tesla Mobile Services car there (behind the truck), and, I believe, wire sticking out of the pipes near the pole. Nope, no sign that they were installing anything on the pole yet, so hopefully tomorrow. There was also no big transformer-size boxes sitting anywhere nearby so I'm guessing that's still to come too. Glad to hear this looks so promising.

Last edited:
Happy to oblige. Today's news: looks like they've begun to wire into the pole. The wires currently lying along the ground look like they'll perfectly reach the connectors above. And I'll wait for expert opinion on this but that pad looks ready for a transformer.

View attachment 360440 View attachment 360441

Keep the updates coming. This will be way more convenient than going to Springfield when i need a faster charge than the local ChargePoints.

Reactions: Nornagest
Why didn't Dominion use the existing pole for the drop that is right next to the transformer?
Probably occupied by another service drop. They can't share.

Dang I would have thought one of the crews would have been dressing that wire up the pole today and or the transformer would have been set. Maybe those "Dominion" crews got sent to the Carolina's for repair service. I don't think Dominion would sub out there cable terminations, that is kept in house. Keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow.

On my job in Alexandria Dominion told me if I don't get an (4 Hour) outage i requested for next week it won't happen this year. Everyone is going on vacation starting next friday. :mad: It's one guy in a pick up truck to through a switch.

Yes they were probably at my office all day. :mad::mad:

There sub was directional boring a line across my parking lot and took out my sewer main. we got raw sewage coming into our bathrooms and in a couple other tenant spaces. still here at the office while they dig up my parking lot.

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg
IMG_3906.jpg

You can see the grey power conduit cut right through the green sewer pipe. Miss utility said we didn't have a sewer pipe on the lower side of the building. You can see by the first image the stuff flows downhill like they say.

Fun day at the office, yep that is a real crap fountain there.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
And ...

Yep, no power. But the transformer is here as is the power meter. Any guesses how long it’ll take them to check things / turn them on, Reddy?
It IS powered!! At least in the context of discussing the interaction with the utility, it is (even if the actual stalls aren't hot yet). The conduit/power wires are run up the pole, connections made, fuses in, and the meter is showing numbers. So the site IS energized! If the meter was installed but the wiring not completed it would have a totally blank display instead of just showing zero electricity usage. The stalls aren't powered on yet, but that's because they either need some final work/inspections before throwing the breakers in the switchgear or maybe because the contractor wasn't on-site after the utility finished. But there won't be any more waiting for the utility to do work, they're done. Now any delays will be from either Tesla or their contractors.

Looking at the pictures the only things I see which are obviously outstanding are:
  1. Site cleanup.
  2. (if necessary) Landscaping.
  3. Painting stall lines.
  4. (optional?) Installing wheel stops.
  5. (possibly already done) Building permit final inspections.
  6. Tesla commissioning of the superchargers.

Yes they were probably at my office all day. :mad::mad:

There sub was directional boring a line across my parking lot and took out my sewer main. we got raw sewage coming into our bathrooms and in a couple other tenant spaces. still here at the office while they dig up my parking lot.

View attachment 360758

View attachment 360761 View attachment 360760

You can see the grey power conduit cut right through the green sewer pipe. Miss utility said we didn't have a sewer pipe on the lower side of the building. You can see by the first image the stuff flows downhill like they say.

Fun day at the office, yep that is a real crap fountain there.
Looks appetizing... mmmm... ewwww...

Yes I would say that SC is ready to turn on. It probably powered to the transformer. It's live coming down the pole. Anyone here it humming, does it feel warm? Read the meter and see if it has moved. I can't read it in the photo.

They probably just need a final inspection from Dominion Power to close out construction and throw the switch inside the transformer. Or Tesla just has to throw there switch and calibrate the site and turn in on. I remember Tesla spending the say at Springfield

This puppy will be live before year end. :D

Sorry for not replying
IMG_3918.jpg
but I had to get a pipe fixed. We had Dominions pipe cut and rerouted so we could use the bathroom. No more stink.

Finally a SC on 66. Now were is Tyson's and Fairfax. ;)

FYI the South Riding Royal Farms is cutting off the 3-4" pipes that were roughed in and putting a ground box over top of them. I do wonder if they have it as a "future SC" site keeping their options open. The pipes are in the same spot and the transformer at Grasonville SC.