Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Houston, TX - 9633 Westheimer Road (Service Center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the new Houston Service Center will have 16 Supercharger stalls.

@BlueShift @MarcoRP

TDLR TABS - Project Details

Tesla is proposing to install (16) supecharging stations and (10) level 2 chargers within an existing parking lot. The project includes (4) charging cabinets, (1) utility transformer and (1) 2000 A switchboard. This project includes (7) ADA stalls.

The building Tesla is moving into is huge and had been empty for some time. It's in an area called West Chase. Don't know, but I'm guessing Tesla is moving out of their Galleria Showroom -- in addition to relocating the West Chase Service Center. The Galleria was a horrible location to give test rides. The roads around the Galleria Area are the most congested in the state. I-610 is usually a parking lot.

Here's a picture from today.
WestChase Tesla.jpg

The building Tesla is moving into is huge and had been empty for some time. It's in an area called West Chase. Don't know, but I'm guessing Tesla is moving out of their Galleria Showroom -- in addition to relocating the West Chase Service Center. The Galleria was a horrible location to give test rides. The roads around the Galleria Area are the most congested in the state. I-610 is usually a parking lot.

Here's a picture from today.View attachment 600217
I believe it is "Westchase" (one word). If I remember correctly, this was an old Borders Bookstore location. The parking lot is considerable size, something you don't see very often around Service Centers. Good to see!

Reactions: andrewdtran
I think these destination chargers are part of the original TDLR TAB for moving the Westchase Service Center. That construction has been running late by Covid and Westheimer road improvement. The work for the supercharging stations hasn't started yet but hopefully will soon.

It's my understanding that Tesla Service Center Westchase is moving into the new Westheimer location on Monday, Feb. 1, 2021.
I drove by on Saturday and they were doing deliveries out of the new Westheimer location. Looked like a construction crew was inside working on the back where service would be. It looked pretty empty so I dunno about them starting on having it functional as a service center so soon.

Setting up service via the app shows the new location (named as Houston-Westchase-Westheimer) and when I drove by Saturday, saw a number of vehicles in the parking lot that were plated and looked used, so assuming the service center is officially moved. Destination chargers were unwrapped (but had signs saying Authorized Use Only), and saw no SuperCharger activity.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright