Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Idaho Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: newtman
That is great, @Stealth. Thanks for discovering it. For that dryer outlet, was it a 14-30 or a 10-30? That is important for people to know what kind of adapter cable they would need.

Also, whenever people find a hotel that offers charging, I really recommend they create a listing for it on Plugshare.com. It is kind of annoying that Plugshare does not offer a selection for 14-30 or 10-30 outlets, so I would select 14-50, as the closest thing, but put a big note in the listing that says “NOTE: This is not a 14-50, but that’s the closest choice on Plugshare. It is actually a 14-30 outlet, so you will need the correct adapter.”

See the Baker City Truck Corral in Baker City Oregon, for an example.

It is a 14-30. But I don't believe a 14-30 adapter on the normal 20' cable would reach. I had a 10' foot extension cable with a male 14-30 on the end you plug into the dryer and a female 14-50 on the other end that I plugged my regular charging cable into. If you do this remember to reduce the amps to 24 so you won't blow their 30 amp breaker.

If you want to make dryer cables, you can order all the parts on Amazon. Attached is the instructions.

Attachments

• Dryer Cables.pdf
    363 KB · Views: 109
I just a great conversation with the Engineering Dept at Idaho Falls Power Co. They expect to have their portion of the process complete by the end of April. After that, it's just a matter of how quickly Tesla can have their equipment installed, but the engineer I spoke with thought it could be operational as early as mid-summer.

The site has been chosen and it seems like a great spot. It's in a parking lot near MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub, 1490 Milligan Rd, and there's a small park nearby.

I just a great conversation with the Engineering Dept at Idaho Falls Power Co. They expect to have their portion of the process complete by the end of April. After that, it's just a matter of how quickly Tesla can have their equipment installed, but the engineer I spoke with thought it could be operational as early as mid-summer.

The site has been chosen and it seems like a great spot. It's in a parking lot near MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub, 1490 Milligan Rd, and there's a small park nearby.

Thank you so much for this update. I am hoping that it will be operational before our trip to Yellowstone this August. It looks promising.

Great news! I was in Idaho Falls this weekend and drove around a bit looking for possible activity. Didn't find any but was sticking closer to the power company and hotels around Lindsay Blvd area. Now I know why.

File_000.jpeg
page1image256
Pulling power

Reactions: goneskiian