Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ignace, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Construction has started in Ignace! This new Supercharger will be at 304 Main St, (the same location as the permit from 2017 said) in the Ignace Town Plaza. Photos provided to me by @Sirdork from PlugShare. Will update Supercharge Info!
780B22AE-F39C-4238-B979-1DF75844A86A.jpeg

6 stalls - V3

31C55A63-2FA6-48CF-A4B2-88DD0F4871B6.jpeg
C4C27E87-BCB7-46F4-9DC4-9BEF9B67C632.jpeg

Last 2 pictures: Superchargers are visible from Petro-Canada chargers across the street.

AF517286-75F4-43A8-961C-959D67E5BC3A.jpeg

Construction has started in Ignace! This new Supercharger will be at 304 Main St, (the same location as the permit from 2017 said) in the Ignace Town Plaza. Photos provided to me by @Sirdork from PlugShare. Will update Supercharge Info!View attachment 467396

6 stalls - V3

View attachment 467397View attachment 467394

Last 2 pictures: Superchargers are visible from Petro-Canada chargers across the street.

View attachment 467395
That fence was rented from a Kenora-based company (Best Way)

I haven’t driven this before, but once this SC is open, will it allow for travel to Nipigon without a stop in Thunder Bay? We are thinking about a Canadian road trip next summer and it’s starting to seem more and more possible.
Ignace to Nipigon is ~210 miles if you're driving straight through and mostly bypassing Thunder Bay. Should be doable for your car in summer. You should either invest in or borrow a CHAdeMO adapter for the trip to have some back-up fast charging options and to provide extra opportunities to facilitate side trips off the TCH.

If they're doing north of Superior and Ignace, English River and Thunder Bay can't be far behind. If not the next few weeks, then early next year.

Is it possible they're doing something in Thunder Bay and we're just not hearing about it?

If they're doing north of Superior and Ignace, English River and Thunder Bay can't be far behind. If not the next few weeks, then early next year.

Is it possible they're doing something in Thunder Bay and we're just not hearing about it?
I consider this to be very likely - Thunder Bay is a large city with a wide variety of potential sites, and there's usually a fair amount going on there as a result. This would be just one (small) construction project among many others, and my gut feel tells me Tesla ownership is extremely low in the city due to both the isolation and the generally poor economic state of the city, so they're likely aren't very many people looking out for a site like this locally. I'm wondering if the first we'll hear about this is the official Supercharger listing on the Tesla website.

Reactions: BagheeraNY

If you look at the Tesla.com/Superchargers map you will see a "coming soon" site in Thunder Bay, so safe to assume that will happen. Also wouldn't make sense to have a dense amount of SCs the entire highway except for that one long gap.

Reactions: BagheeraNY