Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good recon. Thanks. I'll drive over there on the 29th and check and eat at IHOP.
:)

- - - Updated - - -

There's always the Tesla store in cathedral city. And Palm desert civic center park has four chargers, J1772, no time limit signs, I walk in that park every dawn, and often see electric cars that have probably been there overnight. Some Tesla. Also many hotels in the area have chargers. Indian wells resort has two Tesla chargers. Good luck.
:)

Scheduled to OPEN September 29,2014

I just stopped by the charger and they were hooking up the connection across the street, i spoke to the foreman and asked if i would be able to charge today he said sorry not today, i asked when it would be open, he said it is scheduled to OPEN Sept 29, 2014. :biggrin: They could not have been nicer and asked a lot of questions about my car...
thanks 1051, I will be taking a trip 10/2 from Phoenix to Laguna. This would help me out a lot.

Call me dense, but everyone has stopped by and taken pictures but for the life of me in the 418 posts I cannot find the address of this Supercharger location. I am heading to Palm Springs tomorrow and wanted to stop by and take a look, but I have no idea where it is.

Call me dense, but everyone has stopped by and taken pictures but for the life of me in the 418 posts I cannot find the address of this Supercharger location. I am heading to Palm Springs tomorrow and wanted to stop by and take a look, but I have no idea where it is.

If you look it up on Supercharge.Info, it's at 42100 Jackson St, Indio, CA; Lat/Long: 33.741484, -116.215019

Last edited:
... and yet [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Alvdal, Norway construction on [/FONT]a Tesla Supercharger Site [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]began on September 08, 2014 and the station is live on September 23, 2014. Sixteen days! It ceases to amaze me that a Tesla Supercharger Site here in the United States of America can take months and months and months! ..... and months! ..... It's embarrassing ![/FONT]

... and yet [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Alvdal, Norway construction on [/FONT]a Tesla Supercharger Site [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]began on September 08, 2014 and the station is live on September 23, 2014. Sixteen days! It ceases to amaze me that a Tesla Supercharger Site here in the United States of America can take months and months and months! ..... and months! ..... It's embarrassing ![/FONT]

Remember that the dates on Supercharger.Info are dates when activity was noticed and the info got to Supercharger.Info. Often construction is not noticed until late in the process, and occasionally, the site is not discovered until it is complete.

Still, the range of time to complete is amazingly broad, between local permit approval on the front end to utility hookup towards the end.

Oxnard is up and running. I was just the first to charge. There was a fellow there from Tesla but he was busy doing whatever. One of the contractors told me the fellow from Tesla is headed for Indio. So, good news about Indio may be coming very soon!

In the Oxnard thread they said the tesla employee who drove out to test the onard one was headed to indo next. So who knows it might open even sooner and the actual grand opening will be sept 29th. *fingers crossed* either way this is great news!

Next san diego and ontario!