Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the dark green main transformer and TESLA AC-DC inverter cabinets were pad locked.
The dark green distribution cabinets ( also behind the wood fence ) handles were only zip tied.

Maybe this was posted before but interesting that the TESLA webpage indicates 1 stall. (There are 8).

View attachment 59693

Anyway no indication on the TESLA website about an opening date that I found.

Has to be starting up very soon.

Every SC site's page that hasn't officially opened yet says 1 stall. It's just the template.

Where does one find, or rather how does one find a Tesla SC site page for a location not yet on line? - curious, never ran across that - thanks

- - - Updated - - -

My post about my home being available in Yucaipa forgot to mention that it is listed on Plugshare.com for location - the drive from Quartzite to Yucaipa , as mentioned above can be done on one charge - completed it the other day, starting with 100% charge at Quartzite SC and arriving home with just under 20 miles of range showing - speed 65 to 70 - essentially it is an uphill run - just me and my AC -

A question I asked - where/how does one load info on their car here on TMC left out some important elements - hopefully, this question will be better understood, and comments appreciated -

Got a text from Marcool yesterday about the group from the IE joining up with the Desert Tesla group to welcome the Indio chargers sometime in the next two weeks or so - he also posted it above, so stay tuned -

Where does one find, or rather how does one find a Tesla SC site page for a location not yet on line? - curious, never ran across that - thanks

Someone discovered that they had those coming soon pages for many "Coming Soon" dots on the Tesla Motors Supercharger page. Most of them were found by guessing cities at the locations of the dots on the map. Then someone wrote a script to test every city in the United States to make sure we got them all. There are links to all the coming soon pages found at the Supercharger Progress wiki.

emupilot - thanks, I'll check that out right away - the Model S owner from Fontana that I called Marcool is actually a contributor with the identity Marcoooo12, but he is also cool - FYI - the LATC (LA Tesla Club) has some interesting drives planned, so anyone interested in that kind of adventure should look them up if you haven't already - and SDTC (San Diego Tesla Club) also has some interesting events coming up also - I have been to several of their club events and they are well planned -

I can't really say about utility transformer connection, but my limited research showed the following:

Total time from breaking ground to opening:
SJC = 146 Days
Indio = 130 Days (and counting...)

Thanks for looking that up. So it's a close race! My gut says San Juan Capistrano will hold its record and Indio will be on line within a week, maybe two...

Greenville, SC is out of the running because a lawsuit created a do-over and they are hoping to start at a new location soon; lawsuits from neighboring property owners are in a different category.

So if I looked at the Calendar correctly, Indio goes into the dubious lead on Oct 8 for longest time to complete a Supercharger.

Scheduled to OPEN September 29,2014

I just stopped by the charger and they were hooking up the connection across the street, i spoke to the foreman and asked if i would be able to charge today he said sorry not today, i asked when it would be open, he said it is scheduled to OPEN Sept 29, 2014. :biggrin: They could not have been nicer and asked a lot of questions about my car...

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

Good job. I was on the phone today with Tesla and they said I would receive an email about the opening date and ceremony.
Date was "unknown" at the moment. Let's hope the September 29 date is accurate. Good idea to ask the people doing the actual work. Thanks.

The official opening date for Tesla is usually later than the date it's actually operational. I wouldn't be surprised if it's working the 29th, but the "opening" per Tesla is several days later.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn :( Going sat/sun.

Anyone know how strict they are in palm springs with the 2 hour charging limit? Hotel only has 110. If I parked at a J1772 late at night and picked it up in the morning do they care?

You'd have to give more information. Where are you charging? 2 hours is not a universal rule. Everybody has different rules about how long you can park there for. I've left my car charging at places overnight a handful of times.

Staying at the hyatt in palm springs.

I see two "public" free charger locations in city owned lots. One at village green and one in the public parking structure. The hours say 24/7 on plugshare for both, but both pictures show a green sign saying 2 hour EV charging only.
47014.jpg
(from plugshare)

Obviously I don't want to get towed, but maybe the hour restrictions aren't enforced overnight?