Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger invoices no longer available on tesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some time around the beginning of the year, the Charging tab on the left side of the Dashboard stopped being available. Unless I am missing it, there is no longer a way to get a record of Supercharger activity, short of examining your credit card bill. And even then, it doesn't identify which supercharger was used, or the kWh consumed.

"Order History" is just for the Tesla store, not the superchargers.

Anybody know if these invoices were moved somewhere?

tesla dashboard.jpg

Oh boy. It's getting even worse. Being charged separately for each charging session is really annoying if you need send the invoices to your accountant or employer. Now it's even more annoying to get the invoices if i need my iphone to download and forward the invoices. Why don't they make a monthly invoice like all companies offering charging cards in Europe. Everytime I go on holiday i spend a lot of time to get all the invoices out of my account.
Please Tesla wake up and sort out your invoices procedure.
Quick tip: If you export your invoices for a period you get a CSV file, just airdrop/mail it to your desktop.
In the last column is the link to the invoice for that charging session.
You can quickly click and download them that way (need to be logged in to your account on your browser I believe)

In safari (for Mac) you can even bulk download them by copying multiple cells with those links, and pasting (CMD+V) them on the download window/popup.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
I guess I am one of the rare few as well that prefers to read off the desktop/laptop. This drove me crazy this morning trying to find my supercharging bills on my desktop account. At least you can count on Google to find the answer and will have to resort to squinting my tired old eyes reading fine print on the phone.

Upvote 0
So if I'm working on some accounting late at night while at home (on my dual monitor desktop PC), and need to download supercharging invoices I need to wake my car up from sleep (by opening the app) to get the invoices?

Yes. And then use iCloud or Google Drive or email the pdf to yourself. All these solutions are so clumsy compared to just having them on the web site where you can download them from anything. I have done my "old man rant" on the app before and have been kidded about it. It is insulting to have to key in complex correspondence on a Service ticket on a tiny phone when I have a house full of PCs. But, I know that many younger folk are phone-first for most things. I just feel like Tesla could do it both ways, like in the past.

Upvote 0
So if I'm working on some accounting late at night while at home (on my dual monitor desktop PC), and need to download supercharging invoices I need to wake my car up from sleep (by opening the app) to get the invoices? That doesn't seem very well thought out.

It's about as well thought out as the user interface on the car screen.

My passenger likes 3 bacons on her seat heater. I drop her off somewhere, then turn the cabin heat off... and the UI *hides* her seat heater button just to show blank space. That means the passenger seat is being heated without indication, wasting energy.

Must be nice to live in sunny California (not really though 🤪).

Upvote 0
Why are some supercharging sessions free? I noticed I charged for free from 15% to 80% one time (1-2 weeks ago) and nothing was billed to my credit card. Tesla history doesn't even show it.

My recent experience with looking for charging receipts:

Upvote 0
The same is true for Android. I just accessed my entire Supercharging history and the app put it in a .CSV file but am having problems opening it (don't have Office or Excel on my phone). Will try to email myself a copy.
I cannot see the "export" button on my Tesla Android app. Is that it is a region-limited feature? Or the new version of the app has removed it?

Upvote 0
I cannot see the "export" button on my Tesla Android app. Is that it is a region-limited feature? Or the new version of the app has removed it?
Click profile icon on top right, Account > Charging > History. On the top right here is a download icon to export the data.

You may want to check if your app is updated and if your online account (through standard browser) still has the option to download your invoices. It may be possible this change didn't roll out to all regions yet.

Upvote 0
The same is true for Android. I just accessed my entire Supercharging history and the app put it in a .CSV file but am having problems opening it (don't have Office or Excel on my phone). Will try to email myself a copy.
Is it possible to export all charging history to a .CSV file? I'm looking for hourly at home charging statistics (kWH per hour, and at what time).
Can you please show an example of the data included in the exported .csv file?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Is it possible to export all charging history to a .CSV file? I'm looking for hourly at home charging statistics (kWH per hour, and at what time).
Thanks!
For home charging, I look at reports from teslafi. Usual disclaimers about 3rd party programs. If you do want to try it DM me for a referral code to double the free trial period.

I believe it used to also pull the supercharging invoices but now that they are gone it just shows charge info and not cost info. The cost info it shows for home is based on a number I typed in for kWh pricing.

1679529732560.png

Upvote 0
Thanks, this is exactly the data I need. However, I don't own the Tesla. It's a shared garage, the neighbor has the Tesla, I get the bill. He claims to only charge during low cost times of the day. Meanwhile, the electric bill has doubled. I want to ask him to show me his charging statistics, but he says the only thing available he can offer are screen shots from his phone showing his Tesla "Charge Stats", Last 31 days. So, I wanted to know if there is more info offered by Tesla other than the graphics based Tesla app info.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

Here's the format of the CSV file:

1679534024689.png

Note that it does not state the ending time of the charge sessions. The first column is ChargeStartDateTime and nowhere in the file is a field for how long the session took, nor the end time. It may not be enough for you to figure out your neighbor's usage. If you can't read the column titles they are:
  • ChargeStartDateTime
  • Name
  • Vin
  • Model
  • Country
  • SiteLocationName
  • Description
  • QuantityBase
  • QuantityTier1
  • QuantityTier2
  • QuantityTier3
  • QuantityTier4
  • InvoiceNumber
  • UnitCostBase
  • UnitCostTier1
  • UnitCostTier2
  • UnitCostTier3
  • UnitCostTier4
  • VAT
  • Total Exc. VAT
  • Total Inc. VAT
  • Status
  • Invoice
BTW, I only DC charge; I do not have home charging setup. UnitCostBase is what the Tesla Supercharger station is. I mainly use a CHAdeMO adapter at a local ChargePoint station and these sessions are NOT listed here. I'm not sure if there's a way to get them recorded.

Upvote 0
Thanks, this is exactly the data I need. However, I don't own the Tesla. It's a shared garage, the neighbor has the Tesla, I get the bill. He claims to only charge during low cost times of the day. Meanwhile, the electric bill has doubled. I want to ask him to show me his charging statistics, but he says the only thing available he can offer are screen shots from his phone showing his Tesla "Charge Stats", Last 31 days. So, I wanted to know if there is more info offered by Tesla other than the graphics based Tesla app info.

You can look at each charge sessions. But I'd also note that it isn't historical. It uses the API to collect the data.

What about some sort of power monitor on the circuit? There are a wide range of options there from a simple meter to advanced monitoring. Guess you would need somewhere in the middle because you're looking for time.

What type of outlet is it?

Upvote 0
You can look at each charge sessions. But I'd also note that it isn't historical. It uses the API to collect the data.

What about some sort of power monitor on the circuit? There are a wide range of options there from a simple meter to advanced monitoring. Guess you would need somewhere in the middle because you're looking for time.

What type of outlet is it?
Maybe consider something like this? But you would need to have access to the circuit.

So it depends on what kind of circuit, how the panel is connected, if you own the place, etc.

Upvote 0