Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - Michelson Dr. (Park Place, LIVE 19 Oct 2019, 12 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of 10 minutes ago, cones still in place and no one around.

A few hours ago saw official looking folks poking around, stalls being photographed.

The ChargePoint chargers at my workplace parking structure next door are down today, so would be nice if the Tesla chargers would come online soon.

Great updates from everyone. Exciting to see this come together. Hopefully it gets energized soon.

(Side observation: noticed an uptick of residential solar installations on Irvine's permitting site. Pretty cool.)
Irvine has some really great inspectors. I was impressed with their thoroughness and knowledge when our solar array was installed five years ago.

Reactions: ord3r
It's live:

mich_1.JPG

mich_2.JPG

Tesla site still says “coming soon”, but the app and navigation now show it in their list of superchargers!

60DD805C-512D-4ED2-99D0-9E89E055D685.jpeg

DE4636C5-A992-4371-9ABA-97575E159BA9.png

Nothing else beyond that though. No stall availability information. No navigation instructions once you’re in the structure (it says “Level 2” on the address though).

$0.32 / kWh + up to $1.00 / min idle fee.

I live in northeast irvine and this charger is a PITA to get to and not easily accessible being on 2nd floor of a structure in a mall.

Great for the 'city living' dwellers on this side of the tracks who have no home charging I think.

Still think we need a supercharger on the 5 in the huge gap between ghetto ass Santa Ana and the super old SJC.

• Funny
Reactions: ölbrenner
I live in northeast irvine and this charger is a PITA to get to and not easily accessible being on 2nd floor of a structure in a mall.

Great for the 'city living' dwellers on this side of the tracks who have no home charging I think.

Still think we need a supercharger on the 5 in the huge gap between ghetto ass Santa Ana and the super old SJC.
I've got some extra strong Monday morning coffee blend if you would like some.

I'm grateful for every new supercharger that opens, especially in California.

It's free. When you enter the shopping center, I think it was the 2nd intersection on the right. Just follow the sign for retail/visitor parking. The chargers are on the second level, in the middle section of the structure.

Here's streetview of the entrance:
Google Maps

Thanks. I went to the street view as well, but was hard to see "inside" if it was pay parking. I'll have to check it out!

It's free
Technically, free for two hours. LBA does run patrols constantly and do give "tickets" (how enforceable those tickets are I have no idea). My tires are always marked when I use the ChargePoint chargers in my work structure right next door, to enforce the EV charge time limit, so they do keep on it.

Of course, SC idle fees would add up to a nice sum before the two hour limit lol.

• Informative
Reactions: TerranApart