Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA - Gilman Blvd. (permit Feb 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Equipment is on site and spray painted markings are in place.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I count 8 Supercharger cabinets. That means this site is either 32 stalls OR they're doubling up the cabinets in order to meet NEVI's requirement of 150 kW simultaneous on all stalls. If the latter, which I suspect, this will be the first instance of this in North America (public installations - Tesla has already done this at their car-loading rail yard).

I count 8 Supercharger cabinets. That means this site is either 32 stalls OR they're doubling up the cabinets in order to meet NEVI's requirement of 150 kW simultaneous on all stalls. If the latter, which I suspect, this will be the first instance of this in North America (public installations - Tesla has already done this at their car-loading rail yard).
I'll try to head down there early this coming week to find out more. According to the plans, there are only 4 SC cabinets plus the switchgear cabinet for 16 stalls. Electrical design specifies total design load of 1548 KVA, with 4 cabinets at 387 KVA each). It does look like there may be room to add more cabinets though. More cabinets would presumably mean a larger transformer.

Reactions: Astrochimp
I'll try to head down there early this coming week to find out more. According to the plans, there are only 4 SC cabinets plus the switchgear cabinet for 16 stalls. Electrical design specifies total design load of 1548 KVA, with 4 cabinets at 387 KVA each). It does look like there may be room to add more cabinets though. More cabinets would presumably mean a larger transformer.

Good catch on the design load. Doubling-up on the cabinets wouldn't be possible without a transformer twice the size.

No digging yet. There's a large area fenced off with the supplies as previously shown. No-one was there working, so I couldn't ask for more information.

I took a closer look at the supercharger cabinets. There is 8 of them and from what I could tell 4 cabinets are labelled V3, and 4 cabinets are labelled v3.5. I don't know the difference in versions, but I'm sure someone does!?
20240326_200247207_iOS.jpg
20240326_200105268_iOS.jpg
20240326_200118978_iOS.jpg

No digging yet. There's a large area fenced off with the supplies as previously shown. No-one was there working, so I couldn't ask for more information.

I took a closer look at the supercharger cabinets. There is 8 of them and from what I could tell 4 cabinets are labelled V3, and 4 cabinets are labelled v3.5. I don't know the difference in versions, but I'm sure someone does!?
View attachment 1032415View attachment 1032416View attachment 1032417
Probably designed to output to only 2 posts for NEVI compatibility (150kw/stall no sharing). And maybe some type of 800V compatibility built in. We won’t know until we see the data plate and site design.

I have a public information request in with the city for a copy of the plan set. I’ll post what I receive.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Unfortunately, they've raised their prices by about that much since before the pandemic. And they got rid of happy hour!

I used to be a regular at a different location.

Yeah, we love super expensive Pizza around here. Paggliacci is even more expensive !

IMHO Tutta Bella are the best pizzas around, so I still go, but I make sure to use all the discounts I can find.

Based on the full plan set, it would appear there are only 4 cabinets being used and 16 posts. What probably happened is the V3 cabinets are either for somewhere else or were initially shipped but the plans call for the V3.5 (at least those are the specs listed in the plans). Maybe there is another Issaquah site they will build with the V3? Or they are sending them back but no NEVI compatibility.

IMG_2040.jpegIMG_2041.jpegIMG_2042.jpegIMG_2043.jpeg

Based on the full plan set, it would appear there are only 4 cabinets being used and 16 posts. What probably happened is the V3 cabinets are either for somewhere else or were initially shipped but the plans call for the V3.5 (at least those are the specs listed in the plans). Maybe there is another Issaquah site they will build with the V3? Or they are sending them back but no NEVI compatibility.

View attachment 1034513View attachment 1034514View attachment 1034515View attachment 1034516
Do we know from other sites what the difference between V3 and V3.5 cabinets are? I haven't heard to this point of any talks about a V3.5 cabinet.

v3 cabinets with v4 pedestals

Presumably the cabinets will be swapped out later for v4.
But here the cabinets are specifically labeled as V3.5, not what we are referring to the site being V3.5. I will try to find an older V3 cabinet data sheet to compare to see if anything changed on the tech specs.

I think v3.5 is shorthand for a v3 cabinet with the hardware upgrade to speak to CCS cars and support plug and charge via adapters. It felt like 60% or more of the WA chargers got upgraded a month or two ago.
Agreed on the V3.5 although 100% of V3 sites were upgraded.

Yeah, I wonder if they got in trouble for overdriving the post outputs. The old posts would routinely do 600+ amps output, but just ignoring the rated output and using temperature monitoring. Maybe the NEVI requirements or something required actually disclosing that max current?

Here's a v3 charge from last year getting 613 amps:
1712188242991.png

Reactions: bruce4000