Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Johnson Creek, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at the north Kwik Trip in Johnson Creek WI and noticed a construction area toward the back of the property. Looks like their going to put EV charging in. I talked to the clerk and they confirmed that it is EV charging.....but don't know if it is Tesla. Johnson Creek has been on the voting for a few times now and been in the 100's. I just wonder if they are going to step up construction locations since Ford, GM, Lucid, Rivian and now Mercedes can use superchargers.

20230706_Johnson_creek.jpg

I believe I've heard rumblings of EVs finally going in there, possibly from Telsa, though I believe the rumblings were about at Culvers. But know for certain for the foreseeable future you won't see chargers at the outlet center as the owners are basicaly anti-EV and don't see the point of chargers. :rolleyes:

I just wonder if they are going to step up construction locations since Ford, GM, Lucid, Rivian and now Mercedes can use superchargers.
It's possible, but the longer pull with supercharger installation is site selection/agreement with property owners to let Tesla install them. There's a reason you see Hy-Vee, Meijer, Culvers and other 'common' shops have Superchargers. Tesla has an established relationship with those places making it easy to get that part done. Maybe that part speeds up with Tesla SuC's bascially being the standard, but won't help with anti-EV folks.

Reactions: EV3_
Confirmed via the Tesla WI Facebook Group. Tesla Supercharger equipment is on-site.

And based on the screenshots looks like the east end of the parking lot, and 8 stalls. The area is serviced by WE Energies, so I have zero confidence this will open up any time soon. Some time in 2024 I'd wager based on past and current Supercharger deployments relying on that utility :(

Coordinates: 43.093622, -88.759305
Address: 1080 Remmel Dr, Johnson Creek, WI 53094
1689249445019.png

I'm guessing the crew working on the Greenfield one is moving onto this one next.

The area is serviced by WE Energies, so I have zero confidence this will open up any time soon. Some time in 2024 I'd wager based on past and current Supercharger deployments relying on that utility :(
So then the question will be, can two superchargers (Greenfield and JC) break ground and be fully ready for commissioning in the time it takes WE Energies just to commission the Waukesha one?

Reactions: fwiw
After looking closer, I’m not sure the two small pads are for lights. There is an existing light pole next to the one pad on the Right side of the photo. You can see its shadow cast on the parking area. Another possibility could be pads for a couple Trash bin/window wash stations.

9/11/23 Update: Site Construction appears Complete. No Meter yet, but otherwise it looks ready to go. This is a nicely finished site with all the landscape elements. Two trash bins with wash stations and recycling bins.

I’m guessing, it will go live before the end of the month to make the Q3 targets.

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0598.jpeg

IMG_0595.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg

Reactions: corywright