Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Katy, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they should have just put it at Rudy's barbecue in Katy instead and they wouldn't have to deal with HEB's unhappiness

I wish they would have worked out a deal to put them at Buck'ees locations! It's a win/win for both companies, Buck'ees always has lots of parking lot space, and they cater to travelers and are looking for people to come in and buy stuff.

Reactions: MarkinArch
I wish they would have worked out a deal to put them at Buck'ees locations! It's a win/win for both companies, Buck'ees always has lots of parking lot space, and they cater to travelers and are looking for people to come in and buy stuff.
I think Buc-cee's has severely missed the boat with Supercharger support. Their business model is perfect for Superchargers at most of their locations, but they just aren't interested. They have things setup for a 30-45 minute stay. Plenty of food options but no place to sit and eat it. Plenty of space - parking and otherwise.

They just want ICE business and nothing else.

the buccee's business model is to get customers out fast, hence although they sell lots of food there are no tables or chairs - get your food and leave. they think in terms of ev's requiring half an hour or more to charge and they don't want you in their store that long.

Went to HEB this evening and took the opportunity to check on the status of the construction. Looks like they still have some work to do. Appears to me that they are working on getting electrical lines to the site.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    676.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    990.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1487.jpeg
    IMG_1487.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 131
I think Buc-cee's has severely missed the boat with Supercharger support. Their business model is perfect for Superchargers at most of their locations, but they just aren't interested. They have things setup for a 30-45 minute stay. Plenty of food options but no place to sit and eat it. Plenty of space - parking and otherwise.

They just want ICE business and nothing else.
You are absolutely right. They don't really make much money from gas as much as they do from their store onsite. EVs will spend more time fueling up, hence would yield more business to them per car.
If not supercharger I hope they come up with some DC fast charging solution on each of their locations.

You are absolutely right. They don't really make much money from gas as much as they do from their store onsite. EVs will spend more time fueling up, hence would yield more business to them per car.
If not supercharger I hope they come up with some DC fast charging solution on each of their locations.
They will have to pivot at some point, but they need a market large enough. I'm sure their business model needs more than the occasional visitor, otherwise its just not worth their investment.
Pretty sure they aren't anti-EV, just doesn't make business sense for them right now.

Reactions: Billstickers