Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kennewick, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1266.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1268.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG
Stopped by today and took some more pictures. Looks like the switchgear and transformers are mounted in place.

Great - i made the run from ritzville to the dalles non stop in june and arrived at the dalles with 24 miles remaining. My 85d was brand new and we made it. I did contact a nice tesla owner on plug share and he offered some juice if necessary, but we made it.

TRI CITIES CHARGER (KENNEWICK)

Hi, Irish! Thanks again for the charge in Walla Walla. Looks like Kennewick will be a good location.

Of interest to me is how everyone in the NW seems to think that everyone else will know where "Tri Cities" are. Nearly every state has such a location, and I would guess that foreigners don't have a clue. Just doing a quick Wiki search, I find 6 states with such places in about as many seconds.

Sort of like me saying "North Bay" where I live. There are lots of bays and it doesn't say anything. But that's just how people think.

Glad you have a new charger.

Hi, Irish! Thanks again for the charge in Walla Walla. Looks like Kennewick will be a good location.

Of interest to me is how everyone in the NW seems to think that everyone else will know where "Tri Cities" are. Nearly every state has such a location, and I would guess that foreigners don't have a clue. Just doing a quick Wiki search, I find 6 states with such places in about as many seconds.

Sort of like me saying "North Bay" where I live. There are lots of bays and it doesn't say anything. But that's just how people think.

Glad you have a new charger.

Yes, reminds me of a guy on the other Tesla forum who asked a question about “GTA”, with no other explanation of what that referred to. Uh, Grand Theft Auto? Greater Toledo area? Any of 100 other cities whose names begin with T?

My hope is that this is completed so quickly that there isn't a point and this will be a dead thread - like by this weekend ;-)
I wouldn't get your hopes too high. I stopped by on Sunday and it looked pretty much like the first pictures upthread. I'll try to get over sometime this week, perhaps Thursday afternoon, for another update.

Construction Update – August 11th

I think ReddyLeaf will be surprised when he visits Thursday evening. The guys from SDK Electric take a lot of pride in the lowest number of days possible to build out a Supercharger location. I’m betting the job will be substantially complete by then. I think the job site sat idle during the weekend because they were waiting for the masonry contractor to build the cinderblock wall around the charging equipment.

Weekend status – ready for surround wall
weekend status.JPG

Today the wall reached full height.

Tomorrow they will be pouring the curb along front of the superchargers. See forms.
Ready for curb and asphalt.JPG

Tomorrow they will finish the charger station assembly.
5 have the LEDs installed to light up the Tesla logo.
LEDs for Tesla logo.JPG

2 have the charger covers in place, but no charging cable.
site summary.JPG

Note: Curb form in foreground and
Transformer and equipment enclosure in background

1 charger is complete with charging cable ready.
Complete with cable.JPG

Tomorrow the masons will put a cap on the wall and cleanup
wallnready for cap and cleanup.JPG

Remaining activities after tomorrow . . .
· Stucco the enclosure
· Hang the doors
· Paint the equipment enclosure
· Replace asphalt that was cutout for utility access
· Strip the parking bays
· Clean up
· Landscape
· Get utility inspection
· Wait for Tesla engineer to commission the site

SDK Electric probably has built more than 20 Supercharger locations by now and they do a GREAT JOB!
Tesla please send this truck to Twin Falls next. Okay Gillette would be almost as good.
ADK Electric.JPG

Last edited:
Moving from Oregon to Minnesota and we're hitting the road tomorrow. I'll be driving the 85d and the run from The Dalles to Ritzville seems like it's cutting it close....especially given that I'll have two kids in the back seat, and about 200-300 extra pounds of moving boxes.

I don't suppose there's a chance that one of these chargers will be functional and ready to use? That complete one with the cable looks promising, but are these basically unusable until Tesla commissions the site?

Moving from Oregon to Minnesota and we're hitting the road tomorrow. I'll be driving the 85d and the run from The Dalles to Ritzville seems like it's cutting it close....especially given that I'll have two kids in the back seat, and about 200-300 extra pounds of moving boxes.

I don't suppose there's a chance that one of these chargers will be functional and ready to use? That complete one with the cable looks promising, but are these basically unusable until Tesla commissions the site?

Based on the pictures from Tuesday I don't see any chance that you will be able to charge here today or tomorrow. I've never read or heard that a single individual stall would be live before the entire SC is tested and activated by Tesla (not done by ADK). If you are concerned about making it to Ritzville I'd suggest you plan for an hour or so break at a RV hook up or J1772 to add 20-30 miles of range. Per Plugshare, the Columbia Point Marina Park in Richland seems like a very nice spot close-by (free RV hookups, riverside park with playground & picnic tables, Restaurant nearby), but I have not been there in person.

Richland Parks and Rec, WA - Official Website

Based on the pictures from Tuesday I don't see any chance that you will be able to charge here today or tomorrow. I've never read or heard that a single individual stall would be live before the entire SC is tested and activated by Tesla (not done by ADK). If you are concerned about making it to Ritzville I'd suggest you plan for an hour or so break at a RV hook up or J1772 to add 20-30 miles of range. Per Plugshare, the Columbia Point Marina Park in Richland seems like a very nice spot close-by (free RV hookups, riverside park with playground & picnic tables, Restaurant nearby), but I have not been there in person.

Richland Parks and Rec, WA - Official Website

Good call, I was just reading up on that spot about 5 minutes ago! Seems like a good stop to add a few extra miles just to be safe.