Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Kokomo, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Kokomo is getting its chargers installed and will be open very soon!

20200131_175536.jpg

According to the info plate, it's 500VDC @ 350A, which is 175kW. That's a V2 - V3 is 250kW. Unless they're doing some kind of crippled V3 that has V2ish speeds but doesn't do A/B power sharing.
that’s what I’m hoping for. Or maybe this is the true V3 that they are rolling out, not the touted 250kW units they have elsewhere.
For reference, the V2 supercharger in Carmel, IN has a substantially different info plate. It has 410VDC and 270A ratings which is only 110.7 kW and yet I often hit 150 in this one. Kind of makes me the the info plates aren’t accurate. Which feels like a pretty liability issue.
14E49BF6-73E3-4893-B146-2D5B2A53DC9E.jpeg

Spoke with a friend who works with Duke Energy, she doesn't believe it's been fully metered yet on their end. There was something else that needed done/checked. She didn't have full details, but was going to keep an eye out. That type of paperwork typically runs through her department. Meijer employees also knew nothing when I asked.

If anyone is planning an opening ceremony for this (and Bloomington), please play this song when you cut the ribbon :pView attachment 515711
Ugh. No. Just no.

Also, the one dead charger is being worked on as I sit here at the V3 charger giving me 35kW. ☹️

update: the broken one still won’t be fixed. They have had a few people out to look at it. But talking to the guy working on it, he mentioned they should all be up and running soon. Also, Richmond should open around March 17th.

Last edited: