Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This supercharger site has been one of my favorite ones to watch. The regular photo updates have been great. Now, is it just me or are there others of you out there that want that marred white wall painted with a fresh coat of white paint? I know it's a parking garage, but now that clean beautiful Model S's will be parking there, and... that the site is brand new, I want the white wall looking sharp!
I recently was in the huge Palo Alto Service Center and after a long days work, the technicians were heading home. A cleaning crew was there making the Service Center look spectacularly fresh as though new... all over again!!
I really appreciate the overall Corporate image TESLA projects. ...pride in manufacturing, pride in product (s), pride in performance, a clean and neat environment in their showrooms, service centers and their supercharging stations.
I am very proud to be a customer and supporter of TESLAMOTORS! .... now.. will the parking structure owner please paint that wall. Whew!!! I feel ether now!!!:cool:

I asked one of the guys working on the site what the red box is and this was his reply.

"The red box is inside the switch gear that powers the site it is a fiberglass protective cover"

Thanks for checking. See Tesla Supercharger network - Page 350. I think the first application of energy storage will be for the Mobile Supercharger. It let's the mobile Supercharger use a more modest power source and still put out 120 kW to a passing MS. :wink:

I walked over there today. No obvious changes other than striping.

013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

I visited the site over the weekend in the middle of the night.. looked exactly the same, even with the orange and yellow extension cords in the exact same spots. As I reached over to check if the supercharger would flip open my charge port, the security guard jumped forward (I didn't see him earlier).. very nice guy, told me to not touch the equipment, and that they "were just doing finishing touches" on the chargers. Sure looked liked the project is complete.

I tried releasing one of the charge cables from its holder. It was locked, pushing the button did nothing. As it would take electrical current to do that, it's likely nothing is turned on at all. Probably still waiting for power and/or inspection before doing their own testing to commission the site. I emailed the guy at TM who is in charge of the site and he said he would probably be turning it on himself and might give me a heads up as to when. No word yet.

I visited the site over the weekend in the middle of the night.. looked exactly the same, even with the orange and yellow extension cords in the exact same spots. As I reached over to check if the supercharger would flip open my charge port, the security guard jumped forward (I didn't see him earlier).. very nice guy, told me to not touch the equipment, and that they "were just doing finishing touches" on the chargers. Sure looked liked the project is complete.

Interesting. I was there Sunday during the day and didn't see any security guards at that time of day. I'm glad they do have a security guard at night because it doesn't seem like a very safe area, particularly in the middle of the night.

Unlike at Hawthorne, which is also in a rough area of town, this location doesn't have an airport complex to provide a buffer of relative safety.

Interesting. I was there Sunday during the day and didn't see any security guards at that time of day. I'm glad they do have a security guard at night because it doesn't seem like a very safe area, particularly in the middle of the night.

Unlike at Hawthorne, which is also in a rough area of town, this location doesn't have an airport complex to provide a buffer of relative safety.

Hawthorne has three guarded gates that provide security. Not sure the airport provides any security buffer . . .

Hawthorne has three guarded gates that provide security. Not sure the airport provides any security buffer . . .

Yeah. You're probably right. Although I would argue that it would take a little bit more effort to get inside Hawthorne than at the Las Vegas SC, which is very close to the sidewalk/street. But I suppose the security guard stationed there at night addresses the issue.

It's really not that bad. One block north and you're in the downtown container park and the edge of the Fremont East district. I'd probably walk south to Bridger along 8th St., west on Bridger to 7th St. then north to Fremont.

Forgive me if this was covered in another part of this thread, but is anyone concerned over people parking their MS there and leaving it for the weekend while they party hard? Sure, no one on this forum would consider this acceptable behavior, but there are occasional folks who are far from considerate. I see that this location is not convenient for walking around (or safe for that matter), so that is a help.

Personally, once I arrive in Vegas, I could charge slowly anywhere for a couple days before heading back to LA. Primm makes so much more sense. I hope that the rumors are true that it will come later.

Since most people stay on the Strip, I doubt parking there for extended periods will be a problem. There is free parking that is much more convenient all over the place; it would take a lot more effort to park there and get somewhere worth being than just parking at your destination. I confess that I may use it during the week while having lunch nearby if I've forgotten to charge, but that won't happen often.

It's really not that bad. One block north and you're in the downtown container park and the edge of the Fremont East district. I'd probably walk south to Bridger along 8th St., west on Bridger to 7th St. then north to Fremont.

That's good to hear. It was my first time in that area, despite many trips to Las Vegas. I'm very excited that this SC will allow for no compromise road trips to Las Vegas. On my previous 3 trips with the Tesla, I've always arrived with anywhere from 20 to 60 rated miles, which means charging (usually slow) is the first thing to do when arriving. This will allow for a quick 20 minute stop that will give us out of towners enough charge for several days of driving in Las Vegas. No more waiting for J1772 chargers on the strip.

That's good to hear. It was my first time in that area, despite many trips to Las Vegas. I'm very excited that this SC will allow for no compromise road trips to Las Vegas. On my previous 3 trips with the Tesla, I've always arrived with anywhere from 20 to 60 rated miles, which means charging (usually slow) is the first thing to do when arriving. This will allow for a quick 20 minute stop that will give us out of towners enough charge for several days of driving in Las Vegas. No more waiting for J1772 chargers on the strip.

There seems to be good fast (30mph) charging at at least 5 Las Vegas strip hotels. I don't know what other people do that come to "vacation" in Las Vegas, but staying at a strip hotel seems to be part of it.

This is actually a great idea. Topping off your battery before you hit up the strip would be a safer way to have the Tesla in Vegas. (This way you're not relying on the Valet at hotels to keep your car charged)

There seems to be good fast (30mph) charging at at least 5 Las Vegas strip hotels. I don't know what other people do that come to "vacation" in Las Vegas, but staying at a strip hotel seems to be part of it.

According to Plugshare, it seems like Bellagio has a HPWC for Model S. Has anyone used this/can anyone confirm? And do you have to be staying there to use it? I've seen the comments regarding Aria's 14-50, and you don't need to stay there for that one, but I'm planning on staying at Monte Carlo, which is connected to Aria, and Bellagio (by shuttle-monorail thingy)