Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be there in like 5-6 hours, but as I have a grey model s too, it'll look like you've been parked there forever haha

Sorry we'll miss eachother. And sorry I missed the other grey MS owner if it's someone on the forum!

I'm at kingman now. Let's just say I drove spirited here. Used 129 rated to travel the 103.6 miles nozzle-to-nozzle.

I'll have to drive more use-consciously from here on out. Will still stop at Dazzos for an estimated 1hour maint charge and lunch.

Btw, EAT was awesome. Had coffee and the 'Killer Grilled Cheese'.

Sorry we'll miss eachother. And sorry I missed the other grey MS owner if it's someone on the forum!

I'm at kingman now. Let's just say I drove spirited here. Used 129 rated to travel the 103.6 miles nozzle-to-nozzle.

I'll have to drive more use-consciously from here on out. Will still stop at Dazzos for an estimated 1hour maint charge and lunch.

Btw, EAT was awesome. Had coffee and the 'Killer Grilled Cheese'.

Glad you enjoyed the Las Vegas trip and eat. I think as more people charge there it will become apparent that while Las Vegas is indeed in a desert, the SpC is not in a desert when it comes to things to do. There's lots around to occupy your time, many awesome restaurants that you will not find anywhere else (with apologies to Carl's Jr.), and I believe most will find that they have enjoyed much more time downtown than was necessary to charge. I went there with the family yesterday evening just to remind myself what it's like at night. Tons of people, lots of security, and no worries.

I was there at around 10:30AM this morning in my silver 85. Drove from LA to Vegas and back to LA today.

I have now visited every SC in Cali using Barstow today!
USC decal? Then that was probably yours I saw. Mine was the brown one charging when you arrived. Sorry we missed each other! Congrats on using them all. This weekend was my first usage of any. Kingman and LV coming from PHX.

just did my first LA to Vegas trip this weekend in my 85

both ways, Barstow were full. luckily the wait was minimal.

Barstow to Vegas, had only 20 miles left on the range. driving a little slower than traffic (80mph), started with 255 miles. this bugs me a bit. that means if I want to keep up with traffic, I will barely make it even with full charge at Barstow. which will take a while with the slow Barstow charger. from empty, it would easily take ~1.5 hours ?

Vegas to Barstow, started with 260 miles. had 45 miles left. a lot of traffic, so quite slow speed.

Vegas station charges FAST - I saw 385 miles / hr
Barstow charges SLOW - I saw 155 miles / hr

the slowness in charging at Barstow can be attributed to two reasons:
1. the superchargers are limited to 90kw vs 120 at Las Vegas and most others
2. If Barstow was crowded, you likely were getting the less charge in the A/B pair for that charger.. kind of complicated but not really: the car that started charging first got their max charge and you got what was remaining of 90kw... not an issue at empty supercharging stations like LV currently

Barstow to Vegas, had only 20 miles left on the range. driving a little slower than traffic (80mph), started with 255 miles. this bugs me a bit. that means if I want to keep up with traffic, I will barely make it even with full charge at Barstow. which will take a while with the slow Barstow charger. from empty, it would easily take ~1.5 hours ?

Vegas to Barstow, started with 260 miles. had 45 miles left. a lot of traffic, so quite slow speed.

Yet another war story suggesting the necessity of a supercharger at Primm. It would allow normal driving and takes pressure off Barstow, which itself needs to be expanded.

This will be a problem for 60's. They would have to range charge and drive under 70mph :(

Here's a pic that shows all six stalls for some context.

023.JPG

Last edited: