Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Laurel Supercharger is officially under construction as of today.

The blue dot can be updated to an orange cone on supercharge.info now.

PlugInSites_LaurelSCconst-1.jpg

PlugInSites_LaurelSCconst-2.jpg

PlugInSites_LaurelSCconst-3.jpg

Thanks for the updates and pics...

It will be interesting to see if the configuration of this site will be set up to allow the addition of battery power packs int he future, as it appears the recently upgraded Delaware site was. Given that there are 4 conduits leading up into the bottom of where the switchgear cabinets will sit, I suspect so...

I fear eight is not enough.

Oh, but Eight Is Enough :)
There's a magic in the early morning we've found
When the sunrise smiles on everything around
It's a portrait of the happiness that we feel and always will
Eight is enough to fill our lives with love
Oh we're lucky we can share this beautiful stage
So many find the world an empty place
Anyone who asks to stand alone is always standing still
And eight is enough to fill our lives with love
Oh love makes all the difference now
And one that really shows
Just look at everyone of us
See how it over flows
We spend our days like bright and shiny new dimes
If we're ever puzzled by the changing times
There's a plate of homemade wishes on the kitchen window sill
And eight is enough to fill our lives with love
More than enough to fill our lives with love

Does anyone know the fine/penalty for ICE-ing at a Tesla Supercharger?

There is no "Anti-ICEing" law in Maryland or in the county where the Laurel Supercharger will be located. I've personally campaigned successfully for these laws in Montgomery and Howard counties and earlier this year I testified in Annapolis in support of a state-wide law.

These laws are not a panacea. Good signage and placing the charging station in a location away from attractive parking spots is key. Ultimately, it is up to the property manager to take steps to ensure the Superchargers are not ICEd. In the case of the Towne Centre at Laurel, they are private property and there are state and local trespass-tow laws available to them to remove vehicles that are not authorized to park there. The property also has highly visible security which patrols the parking garage.

If ICEing becomes a problem, the property management can supplement the signs with a warning that violators will be towed. That is what the Outlets in Hagerstown did and it nipped the ICEing in the bud.

For more info on legislation check out the posts on my blog: Legislation | Plug In Sites – EV Charging Stations