Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I should have double checked the reveal video before posting to avoid incorrect info per Supercharger expansion plans.

The reveal indicated 3,608 current Superchargers, so that's clearly stalls not sites. Makes sense to focus on stalls, since most of the other DC fast chargers (CHAdeMO, etc) tend to be one or two stalls per site, while Tesla's average is closer to 6, and appears to be trending upward.

Glad to hear that Laurel's expected to break ground within a few weeks! That's great news. Coming from the North to DC for a day trip has been a little tight without hitting Montgomery Mall, which is NOT an ideal place to top up.

Sorry, I should have double checked the reveal video before posting to avoid incorrect info per Supercharger expansion plans.

The reveal indicated 3,608 current Superchargers, so that's clearly stalls not sites. Makes sense to focus on stalls, since most of the other DC fast chargers (CHAdeMO, etc) tend to be one or two stalls per site, while Tesla's average is closer to 6, and appears to be trending upward.

Glad to hear that Laurel's expected to break ground within a few weeks! That's great news. Coming from the North to DC for a day trip has been a little tight without hitting Montgomery Mall, which is NOT an ideal place to top up.

Maybe I missed it, but how did you hear that Laurel will be starting soon? Definitely needed, and I'd like to dream that the Harrisburg crew will move down the road once they finish up (soon). Do we know that all the permits have been approved (again sorry if that's been posted somewhere and I didn't catch it).

Here are photos from the Laurel Supercharger site. Miss Utility has paid a visit.

The red markings closest to the camera is where the cabinets will be. The stalls will be along the west side of the garage on the other side of the brick wall.

LaurelSC1-1.jpg

LaurelSC2-1.jpg

LaurelSC3-1.jpg

Eight pull-in stalls are proposed to go along this wall on the ground level. The cabinets will go in the corner on the other side of where the car is in this photo.

LaurelSC02.jpg

I do have some concern over ICEing because it can get crowded on popular movie nights. I think the pull-in stalls may help to signal that people should not just park there.

Lanny

The red markings closest to the camera is where the cabinets will be. The stalls will be along the west side of the garage on the other side of the brick wall.

The west side is the side closest to the movie theater, right? The opposite side would have had a much lower chance of ICEing on movie nights.

I hope the pull in stalls help, but it doesn't take popular movies for this garage to fill up on weekends; it serves a lot more than just the movie theater. I fear that ICE'ing will be a significant problem most weekends.

I don't come here more than every month or two, but I've never seen this lot full during the day on a weekend, not even just before Christmas. There are lots on the other side of the stores that would be closer to the front entrances. Anyway, hopefully you guys are right and pull-in stalls help convey the fact that these spots have a specific purpose.

The pull-in configuration should eliminate most of the accidental ICEing. It won't eliminate ICEing by those that only care about themselves. I suspect the parking signs will reveal 4 tesla only spots and 4 general parking spots, which won't help.