Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an alert from the "superchargers" iOS app of a check-in reporting a successful charge this morning.

Pam & Brian at 8:23 AM. Does anyone here want to confirm?

Edit: GRB6plus checked in and reported success at 8:39am.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Guacamolaf
image.jpeg
As of 6:20 AM the stalls were dark and cones in place according to this photo a friend took earlier this morning.

I was so disappointed to see that the Laurel Supercharger IS NOT operational!!!!!

Vladi, Lanny, his awesome wife, and I are all here and no electricity ANDREW :-(

Andrew, you owe me breakfast! I got dressed like a firefighter once you made your post...

4 Teslas have come by....... :-(

Attachments

• 1470492606968589959029.jpg
    1470492606968589959029.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 44
@andrewket you sure know how to create a Tesla flash mob! LOL All you have to do is hint that Laurel Supercharger might be open and we swarm like bees to honey. :)

We had a great time meeting Peacemaker and swapping stories. The driver of the White Model S that was circling around should have stopped and joined us. Hopefully we will all gather there soon for an unofficial Grand Opening.

Reactions: MMC- and vdiv
@andrewket The driver of the White Model S that was circling around should have stopped and joined us. Hopefully we will all gather there soon for an unofficial Grand Opening.

I don't know if other drivers with white MS were also going around the Laurel superchargers location today, but I definitely did too. I thought I saw two Model Ss but no drivers. Didn't see you guys. Sorry I missed the opportunity to exchange stories with you.
I am sure we will do that very soon.

Hey, not my fault! I merely reported that two other people checked in, and asked if anyone can confirm! Reader beware! Drive to the SC at your own risk :)

So I just drove by, the meter is still at 0000000.

I also checked trying 216/contee/rt 200. talking rt198 to 4th street, left on greenhill is definitely the quickest route either NB or SB on rt95. Even then in weekend traffic it took 10 minutes (measured) and 3.3 miles out of your way. Expect heavy traffic times to double that.

When did construction start on this? MAY????

Ahh, I see the NAPA thing. had to wait for A-LOT of other stuff to be built not related to the SC. And I'm sorry us MD'ers don't have a lot of sympathy for people with the 5th charger in a 5 mile radius. :)

Not that I intend on using Laurel that much, I only used Bethesda when traffic went B-Sh 2-3 times a year.

restating the obvious. Does this hold the record for the longest time in construction...ever? 3+ months.

Greenville, South Carolina was well over a year but that was due to lawsuits. Plantation, FL took forever as well. Over a year between the time the permitting process started and the time it was done. It was 3 months between the time it was finished until the time it was online, waiting for the power company and inspections.

I wonder how hard the permitting and construction process is to open a gas station and store flammable and carcinogenic gasoline in leaky underground tanks (and sell cigarettes and brown sugar water).

True indeed! At the same time, I can't tell you the last time a NEW gas station opened in my town or any where nearby. Sure names have changed and gas stations have closed and re-opened, but I haven't seen a new one in a LONG time.