Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meters on large installations like this measure using current transformers on each of the power lines coming in, not by passing the actual current through the meter itself. I wonder if perhaps 1 kWh on this type of metering doesn't really mean 1 kWh. Just a guess. Either way, lights on is a good sign!

IMG_9920.JPG
In fact, here is the meter. It's 300x.

• Informative
Reactions: callmesam and MMC-
This thought just jumped into my head so I'll share it:
What if the delay was due to restrictions from energy supplier? Tesla may have an energy wholesaler with whom they have an agreement throughout the country or indeed per region. Such an arrangement would give a substantial cost saving with all the green credits etc. Town Center at Laurel may restrict their tenants to a specific supplier. From here the possibilities are numerous.

On Friday noon, there was a lot of road digging at the intersection of 4th and the SC site. the digging was in the area in the street that was on the same intersection as the SC transformer. Fire dept/Po-Po had the intersection blocked.

I have to say, other than the sketchy neighborhood, the 4 mile detour, and the lousy lighting....

This SC will be great, you can watch a movie at the new theatre with the "barko-lounger" seats. Have pretty decent TAI @ Laurel, Blaze Pizza isn't bad, buffalo wild wings is what it is, got one of those build your own yogurt places. Heck, there is even places to buy stuff.

Just noticed another speed camera being built on the 216 route. the 198/4th street route is still speed camera free. no promises on red light cameras.

Men working on the supercharger right now.
They told me they are installing transformers to boost the voltage. It seems BGE's transformer is not providing a high enough voltage.
They wouldn't provide a time to complete estimate but said it shouldn't be too long.

Apparently they'll go to great lengths to try to make this one #300.

A reminder from my earlier post.

"Hopefully Tesla mapping will give accurate directions. For drivers heading up 95N you will need to get into the local lanes at the exit for the ICC (Rt 200) about 3 miles prior to the exit for 198. In addition, there are many alternatives that will provide shorter mileage (and maybe time) depending on the traffic on 95. From the south, a option would be to exit north on the BW parkway from the DC beltway and take the exit onto 197 (about 4 miles shorter than following I95). From the north, again taking the BW parkway south from the Baltimore beltway and exiting onto 198 will be about 3 miles shorter."

Men working on the supercharger right now.
They told me they are installing transformers to boost the voltage. It seems BGE's transformer is not providing a high enough voltage.
They wouldn't provide a time to complete estimate but said it shouldn't be too long.
Now that is odd. Wonder if the service was not ordered correctly. I can't imagine there would be a voltage drop as there is a small substation less than a block away which I believe that would have fed from.
Do you know if they are BGE techs or a subcontractor?