Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s live
60F8F461-8D21-4564-BDCB-18CAB683945B.jpeg
D4997869-2E95-4E2C-8F1C-92CBB12FE6BB.jpeg

FYI - Rohnert Park - Laytonville = 112 mi = Laytonville - Eureka

the V2's say 135 kW on the cabinets, not sure how they do 150?
Cabinets take in ~160kVA gross AC power (192A * 277VAC * 3ph). 135kW allows more voltage sag, but the buck-boost transformers allow them to get a tighter tolerance on the input voltage. 160kVA * 94% efficiency = 150kW

I just charged here. Tesla's website lists two places for restrooms: Boomer's Saloon & Anna's Asian Palace. When I tried to use the restroom at Anna's Asian Palace, they said customers only. When I said I was using the Supercharger and their restaurant was listed as a restroom, they said doesn't matter, can't use it. We went over to Boomer's (which is 21 and up only), and the bartender said "those aren't our chargers, but I guess you can use the restroom".

TLDR: if you're on a trip with kids, be sure to stop to pee before you get here.

Tesla's website lists two places for restrooms: Boomer's Saloon & Anna's Asian Palace. When I tried to use the restroom at Anna's Asian Palace, they said customers only. When I said I was using the Supercharger and their restaurant was listed as a restroom, they said doesn't matter, can't use it. We went over to Boomer's (which is 21 and up only), and the bartender said "those aren't our chargers, but I guess you can use the restroom".
You might consider buying a modest amount of food and/or drink (non-alcoholic if you are the driver ;). Small price to pay for using the restroom in a private establishment.

I thought this was kind of interesting.
~ $21/ hr
C17D61A5-211B-4D48-965C-CEADA8816EF6.jpeg

& I was really wondering what these odd things were until I stood on one... I think it’s a mount for H2!? There are 2 spaces with empty sign posts next to it, between the chargepoint. Dumb. Just one more fuel to transport. At least when the H2 trucks crash the fuel doesn’t get in the water
6D199D6C-45B9-4735-842E-3AA8FA5B2CA7.jpeg

Attachments

• B21E94DA-2785-4FF5-8546-9C98FCFF80D2.jpeg
    B21E94DA-2785-4FF5-8546-9C98FCFF80D2.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 61
& I was really wondering what these odd things were until I stood on one...
View attachment 457071

Pretty sure these are just benches for sitting on. Urban-style, with dividers between seats to discourage lying on them.

I'd expect the seats in your car to be more comfortable, but with two benches I guess a group could sit face to face and have a conversation. You may also get a better view of the moderately scenic hillside or traffic going by than from inside the car? Seems like a picnic table setup would be more useful at a charging station than the sort of bench you'd find at a bus stop.

Last edited: