Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the photos, almost looks like they over paved and have saw cut for a clean edge. I agree the 2" conduit is for lighting. I can't imagine leaving a floating strip of AC (16"?)as a good thing, it will eventually just float around and break apart.

A report on the supercharge.info forum says that this site is under construction - is that based on the info in this thread or has there been more definitive evidence over the last few days?
I submitted it to supercharge.info. It is under construction, not sure what more definitive evidence you want other than Tesla labeled items. I will take more pics later this week if it has changed.

I submitted it to supercharge.info. It is under construction, not sure what more definitive evidence you want other than Tesla labeled items. I will take more pics later this week if it has changed.
Crates labeled “Tesla” would be nice to see. All I have seen so far is temp fencing, some asphalt cuts, and a few small diameter PVC pipe stubs that are likely for parking lot light poles. Not what I would describe as “Supercharger construction”.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Breaking ground is when construction begins, it definitely is ‘supercharger construction’ they may not have started the pedestals but even the grading they did + clearing of the bushes and brush along the north was part of the supercharger project
No one will be happier than me when you are proven correct! :D I would love a Supercharger at this location when I am towing my trailer to Humboldt Redwoods State Park.

Breaking ground is when construction begins, it definitely is ‘supercharger construction’ they may not have started the pedestals but even the grading they did + clearing of the bushes and brush along the north was part of the supercharger project
I think anything that definitively shows it's more than just a parking lot expansion would qualify. You're very likely right that this is the beginning of the supercharger install, but on the chance that the stalls aren't going to be going in any time soon I think it's better to wait for evidence of that stage of construction instead of possibly having the "building cone" up on supercharge.info for a really long time before there's any real move to complete the project. YMMV.

I drove passed the site on Sunday Jan 6. There are a couple of backhoes and blown over green construction fencing.
It is located in the parting lot of the Asian Palace (north side)
Not much changed since I drove by Dec 23.
I presume that that is the site.

I traded cars back last week and someone was unloading a forklift from a trailer and adding it to the equipment. I bet they start next week if the weather isn’t too bad.

Stuff in Laytonville....

Chinese restaurant at the SC is actually not bad(&no MSG) they had some Thai specials the last time we stopped there.
Grocery store across the highway has a deli, coffee, hardware & everything else.
The Chief makes some pretty tasty burgers/ brisket etc. So. end of town
Lots more in between

Stopped at Boomers parking lot today on my way to my home in Eureka. Talked with a Hooven construction crew member who verified that it was the Supercharger site. He said that they are going to be there for two weeks doing grading and stuff. He also said that the real installation hopefully will begin around Valentine’s Day.
So this doesn’t count as construction started?

2C8EB979-29B5-4A23-8540-4969081B06CE.jpeg
0F2AB846-6577-4F2B-835D-26FD923CEA3A.jpeg
688E4B2E-DF1B-4A4B-8D7E-76AE676D2DC9.jpeg
41744775-19F3-49BF-9961-9010B07047C7.jpeg
Today I talked with the grading and concrete contractor. We have a R/W
Conflict with the chargepoint side(near 101). There will be 4 dual CP chargers and I think 8 SC spaces to begin with, not 100% sure about SC cabinets but there were 4 there today. Not sure about electrical starting in 2 weeks, prime contractor wasn’t surely about that...still 135Kw units

Soooo they started working without contacting Caltrans and they are in our right of way. It shouldn’t be too big of a deal. They are sending a surveyor up tomorrow and I assume re doing the trench( in the pic). That one is for the CP chargers, it should be 5 ft to the left:rolleyes: It will be a neat stop I think, especially with the new ‘premium’ EVs that should be coming out in the next few years. Will be able to check out there. Probably just bolts for quite a while though.

Soooo they started working without contacting Caltrans and they are in our right of way. It shouldn’t be too big of a deal. They are sending a surveyor up tomorrow and I assume re doing the trench( in the pic). That one is for the CP chargers, it should be 5 ft to the left:rolleyes: It will be a neat stop I think, especially with the new ‘premium’ EVs that should be coming out in the next few years. Will be able to check out there. Probably just bolts for quite a while though.
Ummmm, yeah. Now that you mention it, a trench under power lines parallel to a road is very likely to be in the ROW... Somebody should have known to get permission.