Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked at the Lewes supercharger today. Saw spots getting iced all day. That white car in the picture was parked there for over an hour. Still there as im sitting here. This supercharger is going to be a mess in the summer. In fairness the signs do say general 15 minute parking.

Attachments

• 20171220_160650_HDR.jpg
    20171220_160650_HDR.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 84
Parked at the Lewes supercharger today. Saw spots getting iced all day. That white car in the picture was parked there for over an hour. Still there as im sitting here. This supercharger is going to be a mess in the summer. In fairness the signs do say general 15 minute parking.
The white car has been there for a week. Like to check out the traffic cam now and then to check the weather as we are headed up there to see the kids over Christmas. Surprised the signs don't say "EV ONLY". That area is a zoo in the summer.

They have two different sets of signs. I think the 15 minute spots are shared for tesla and non-tesla vehicles because of how busy the Wawa is. At first, I thought it was only 15 minute parking for charging but I think that is for non charging vehicles.

15139924975311180997207.jpg

I charged at the far end on 4B and was getting 335mi/hr 117kW. I stopped around 5:30pm and topped off on the way home around 8:30pm. The white car was there both times. We went to Ocean City for dinner and ate at BJ's on the Water on 75th St. Had a great meal.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I charged at the far end on 4B and was getting 335mi/hr 117kW. I stopped around 5:30pm and topped off on the way home around 8:30pm. The white car was there both times. We went to Ocean City for dinner and ate at BJ's on the Water on 75th St. Had a great meal.

View attachment 268329 View attachment 268327

Nice, white car must be abandoned. Idiots chose a great spot to leave it.

Just saw this article in the local paper about the Wawa closing for remodel. The Supercharger will remain open.

Lewes Wawa to close Feb. 6 for a month

Beginning at 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Wawa on the southbound side of Route 1 in Lewes will be closing for a month. Colleen Labik, Wawa representative, said Feb. 1, the closure is related to a company plan to remodel 75 stores and open 50 new stores in 2018. She said the Lewes store, 17663 Dartmouth Drive, first opened in May 2006. She said the store is scheduled to reopen Friday, March 9.

Labik said improved layout features will advance efficiency and support an expanded food and beverage offering. Some of the new items in this store will be handspun milkshakes and custom-made salads, she said. Labik said recently installed Tesla chargers will remain open during the entire remodel. This is the second local Wawa renovation in as many years – the Wawa on the corner of Wolfe Neck Road and northbound Route 1 in Rehoboth was closed for a month about the same time last year. A full list of remodels can be found at www.wawa.com/Remodels.aspx.

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
Just saw this article in the local paper about the Wawa closing for remodel. The Supercharger will remain open.

Lewes Wawa to close Feb. 6 for a month

Beginning at 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Wawa on the southbound side of Route 1 in Lewes will be closing for a month. Colleen Labik, Wawa representative, said Feb. 1, the closure is related to a company plan to remodel 75 stores and open 50 new stores in 2018. She said the Lewes store, 17663 Dartmouth Drive, first opened in May 2006. She said the store is scheduled to reopen Friday, March 9.

Labik said improved layout features will advance efficiency and support an expanded food and beverage offering. Some of the new items in this store will be handspun milkshakes and custom-made salads, she said. Labik said recently installed Tesla chargers will remain open during the entire remodel. This is the second local Wawa renovation in as many years – the Wawa on the corner of Wolfe Neck Road and northbound Route 1 in Rehoboth was closed for a month about the same time last year. A full list of remodels can be found at www.wawa.com/Remodels.aspx.

They have everything gated off. Can't even get into the chargers

Not knowing anything about the situation there, however I imagine there is a property easement involved for the charger area and the contractor or Wawa owner should not be able to gate that area off unless there is no other option for the renovation project. I could be wrong I am speculating.

It will be nice nonetheless to have a renovated Wawa for this summer's beach drives. Kudos for whomever figured out the timing of the renovation and the new superchargers.

Instead a Kudos maybe a Baby Ruth floating in a swimming pool to Labik. Will be driving from MI Wednesday, and no I don't want to use a destination charger. Enjoy your beaches and great timing, while others struggle to get quick charging. Salads from a gas station. Utterly laughable.

Instead a Kudos maybe a Baby Ruth floating in a swimming pool to Labik. Will be driving from MI Wednesday, and no I don't want to use a destination charger. Enjoy your beaches and great timing, while others struggle to get quick charging. Salads from a gas station. Utterly laughable.

I am confused - there is a lot going on here! I get the reference to Caddyshack. As to the enjoyment of our beach and the struggle of other owners, I get that too - but all I was saying is that the store will be refreshed / renovated if I run in to get a drink and that would be nice. A hand spun milkshake sounds great but is probably not on the beach diet. The salad might be! So why do you want to send a fake poop to Wawa's public relations manager lol? Yes I need to Google who this person was. I do agree that the chargers should remain open. Not sure what's up in that regard. Have a safe drive from MI!