Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lewes, DE

CLowrance

Nov 16, 2017
Centreville, VA
That's precisely the sort of behavior Tesla's idle fees are intended to prevent, or at least reduce, right? I'd be surprised if anyone does that, and shocked if anyone does it more than once.
In addition, Google Maps says it's a 25-minute walk from the supercharger to the outlets. Even if we're generous and say 20, I think it's beyond the range of "convenient to walk to while charging" for a lot of people. And unless you're charging from low levels to 100%, you'd hardly be able to get any shopping done before the car is done charging, if you factor in the round-trip walk.

Having said that, I was eyeing the various eating establishments that are closer to the supercharger for a potential future trip...

+1 for Matts Fish Camp - only 8 minute walk.

Toph

Aug 9, 2017
Delaware
I’m guessing this is the pad for the transformer Mirlen is looking for? Pic from Sunday but there didn’t seem to be any more activity today at lunchtime.
9DE98CDB-F67F-41BB-8FDE-500A8E3686CD.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Mirlen

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Imagine my surprise when I stopped at a random wawa for air and find a supercharger right next to the pump.

IMG_3155.JPG

Imagine my disappointment when it plugged in, but served no power :oops:

• Helpful
Reactions: ES_J and madodel

Brown4141

Jun 28, 2017
Dover, DE
Any locals swing by to check on that Transformer? Looks like construction tape is up so it might be in place and awaiting testing by Tesla:

View attachment 263979
I was watching today. There was a utility contractor (not Delmarva Power) there with an excavator doing something where the transformer will go. However, the pole out front still has the wire rolled up at the base. This wire will go up the pole and tie in the electric service. I believe they will tie it in at the same time that they set the transformer. It should not be to much longer not. (I hope!)

AdamHLG

Sep 29, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
A friend of mine that has a beach house is down there this weekend. He messaged me that he passed the site today and reports "the tape is up at both locations. They are ready but the concrete was poured nearby so they are taped off". He probably means there are different entrances or exits at the same location. As for being ready, he would not know by driving by about transformers e t c. I am just passing along the observation.

MGMDaware

Falcor
Jun 23, 2016
DC
That's news to me. Good news actually, since I've been thinking about getting a vacation home around there! Thanks for the tip!

Shateam

Apr 13, 2016
NJ
I just checked the traffic camera. There are 2 large Delmarva power trucks on site right now. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

They are onsite today too. Looks like they were working close to the site of the transformer (by the cabinets)

Pic is from 9:15am Dec 13.
Supercharger.png

Brown4141

Jun 28, 2017
Dover, DE
Keep an eye on the pole in front of the wawa sign with the wire coiled up at the base of it. When they run that up the pole, it will then be tied into the electric.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC