Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the owner of that site... IT IS UP AND RUNNING

- - - Updated - - -

I will post photos tomorrow if I can figure out how to place them here. Is there anything in particular you want detailed pictures of?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 104598

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 104599

Awesome! I will stop by next week for a quick charge! This will make the trip from Roanoke to Strasburg much easier! Thanks for the post and allowing Tesla to place a supercharger there!

Wow!

That has to be the fastest SC build I've seen (11/23 permit?, open ~12/16? huh???)! I thought Asheville went fast (opened a couple days ago), but this one takes the prize. Is Tesla just dropping the entire finished product in by heavy lift helicopter??? :wink:

Definitely will use this one when heading up east from Asheville. Thanks for partnering with Tesla on this. Perfect mix of hotel and snack/food options... in my view the best place for these for maximum benefit. I hope it works well for you! We will certainly stay at your hotel(s) when coming through.

Wow!

That has to be the fastest SC build I've seen (11/23 permit?, open ~12/16? huh???)! I thought Asheville went fast (opened a couple days ago), but this one takes the prize. Is Tesla just dropping the entire finished product in by heavy lift helicopter??? :wink:

Definitely will use this one when heading up east from Asheville. Thanks for partnering with Tesla on this. Perfect mix of hotel and snack/food options... in my view the best place for these for maximum benefit. I hope it works well for you! We will certainly stay at your hotel(s) when coming through.

Kingsland, GA was also incredibly fast (about 3 weeks). Kingsland was finished on 11/17 and Lexington started shortly after. I wonder if it was the same crew that did both.

Charging here now!

image.jpeg

Had the opportunity to use I-81 Virginia Supercharger corridor this weekend for the first time. Great to have the charging but boy the food options are pretty weak. I did discover a nice little cafe called the Kind Roots Cafe which is located in the shopping center behind the superchargers (have to walk through/around small section of woods). Good wraps, fresh foods, a nice alternative to Applebees.

Attachments

• IMG_6563.JPG
    IMG_6563.JPG
    507.4 KB · Views: 48
Had the opportunity to use I-81 Virginia Supercharger corridor this weekend for the first time. Great to have the charging but boy the food options are pretty weak. I did discover a nice little cafe called the Kind Roots Cafe which is located in the shopping center behind the superchargers (have to walk through/around small section of woods). Good wraps, fresh foods, a nice alternative to Applebees.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. We were also traveling down I-81 this weekend. On the way down I-81 S we stopped at the Lexington Supercharger just after 10a. That's after breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express and before Applebee's opens. The lady at the front desk of the hotel suggested Country Cooking for breakfast. They were across the highway in front of the Comfort Inn. Had a breakfast bar, not bad. But wouldn't want to go there for lunch. Will remember the one you found for the future. Thanks!

View attachment 201043 Anyone else have issues with ICEing at the Lexington supercharger? Admittedly, it was 7am on Sunday and there were 3 bays open. I didn't do anything but was curious if others have faced a similar experience.

The best thing to do is to report ICEing of the Superchargers to Tesla via the customer service number and also report it to the site host. If they both get enough complaints, they should be compelled to take measures to mitigate the problem.

Reactions: vdiv
@ElectricCarVA : Lanny's recommendations are right on (as always!). I would add the fact the hotel owner (@knockem) is an avid Tesla enthusiast and monitors this forum (and has several posts in this forum as well). I would imagine the hotel staff can contact the folks who are parking their ICE cars in the supercharger slots and have them move these cars.

Reactions: swengl
Thx for the tip on the Kind Roots Cafe, hope they're open as we head up for Snowshoe Ski Trip this weekend!

Btw, stopped here to charge in October and discovered a great little organic market back towards the highway about 200 yds from Applebees. It's called Cool Spring Organic Market...really good selection for a tiny place, think they had some take-away food options in addition to org groceries. Wayyy better than the other fast food options around here IMHO. The market doesn't show in my Google Maps, but it is in Apple Maps, and they list facebook.com/coolspringorganicmarket as their website.

Thanks to knockem for hosting!

Reactions: swengl