Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visiting my father in Lexington. Went to see exactly where the new supercharger will be located. Imagine my surprise to find six guys working on Sunday morning.

Six pedestals are installed with conduits run to the pad for the charging cabinets. Pad for the charging cabinets is prepared waiting for a concrete pour. Cabinets themselves are on site still in crates. No sign of where the transformer pad will be located.

The crew was very tight lipped (thanks Tesla) but had no objections to me taking photos.

818a1a7d4a408bbde72f7d8197a85cea.jpg
890f85b112f76c6204239e76dd4a059f.jpg
61bd3ffc073bf00dae3857aa67291048.jpg

Visiting my father in Lexington. Went to see exactly where the new supercharger will be located. Imagine my surprise to find six guys working on Sunday morning.

Six pedestals are installed with conduits run to the pad for the charging cabinets. Pad for the charging cabinets is prepared waiting for a concrete pour. Cabinets themselves are on site still in crates. No sign of where the transformer pad will be located.

The crew was very tight lipped (thanks Tesla) but had no objections to me taking photos.

818a1a7d4a408bbde72f7d8197a85cea.jpg
890f85b112f76c6204239e76dd4a059f.jpg
61bd3ffc073bf00dae3857aa67291048.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

That's awesome. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the pictures and info.

Lexington now has a construction cone on Supercharge.Info based on your pictures!

Man this one is so close to being doable with 100% straight from home. 232 real miles. Little further than South Hill, which is 229 real miles. I did home->South Hill twice in the P85D in good weather, but that's mostly flat. Getting to Lexington involves some mountains, so probably not doable.

I'd feel a lot better about relying on some CHAdeMOs on I-81 if there were open, though.

Man this one is so close to being doable with 100% straight from home. 232 real miles. Little further than South Hill, which is 229 real miles. I did home->South Hill twice in the P85D in good weather, but that's mostly flat. Getting to Lexington involves some mountains, so probably not doable.

I'd feel a lot better about relying on some CHAdeMOs on I-81 if there were open, though.

There is a CHAdeMO in downtown Roanoke (see on Plugshare)--about 5 miles from I-81. $3 to use for an hour I believe. I think there is also one in Blacksburg.

I am the owner of that site... IT IS UP AND RUNNING

Thank you very much for posting. And hosting!

- - - Updated - - -

I will post photos tomorrow if I can figure out how to place them here. Is there anything in particular you want detailed pictures of?

No, I think that you've done more than enough. :D

Well, a shot of your display while Supercharging is always appreciated.

Emailing [email protected] right now...