Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NB (near Fredericton)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bases for the Superchargers are going in
0EF3EA17-5377-41B3-BF09-3B687BD315AA.jpeg

That’s what I was thinking. I have not seen this before. 2 possibilities
- new design
- they might have screwed up?
I recently saw a video by Stantec (since removed from youtube) where they mentioned having to make some changes to Tesla's Supercharger build designs for installs in Canada. It was something about designing some engineering solutions for dealing with specific/unique soils for the Canadian geology. Maybe this is one of those? Regardless, a screw-up isn't a realistic possibility. This is clearly specialized hardware. Whatever it is had to have been called for on the building plans. The contractors didn't just fab something like that up on-site to deal with some unexpected issue.

I recently saw a video by Stantec (since removed from youtube) where they mentioned having to make some changes to Tesla's Supercharger build designs for installs in Canada. It was something about designing some engineering solutions for dealing with specific/unique soils for the Canadian geology. Maybe this is one of those? Regardless, a screw-up isn't a realistic possibility. This is clearly specialized hardware. Whatever it is had to have been called for on the building plans. The contractors didn't just fab something like that up on-site to deal with some unexpected issue.
Interesting, But as a NB boy - this is dirt. Plain old dirt. these look like they may be using the new smaller stalls. Same power - smaller pedestal.

Looks like in this case they couldn't be bothered trenching below the frost line on that slope. Also - pretty wasteful to pour that much concrete into a hole anyway. If they've found a cheaper or more efficient way to install Supercharger pedestals, great.

Reactions: MarcoRP

Saw the same video, and was actually a little surprised at some of the things that he disclosed. Seemed like an in company presentation that was never meant to be publicly released.
I think he said there were four different soil type configurations that they had pre-engineered for which is saving Stantec time and money while doing the engineering drawings for almost all of the Canadian installs. Pics look like they may have used a screw post like a Posttech to get down below frost line.

Baileyville is permitted but no sign of construction last week. The same with Edmunston; and Medway. It's funny how the Waasis site went right to a construction icon and I never noticed the permit. Brewer to Waasis is an easy top even in the winter either by I-95 or the Airline (Maine #9). We still need Woodstock or Edmonton to make the TCH to R du L comfortable.

I have found Google references that give the Blue Canoe Restaurant and Irving Big Stop address as Fredericton; Oromocto; Lincoln and (yes) Waasis. Since it is most locally known as the Lincoln Big Stop, this is the moniker I favour.

415 Nevers Rd
Lincoln NB E3B 9E1
Canada

The above is from a Yelp review of the restaurant.

• Informative