Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Lithonia, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7D41E157-4B46-41F0-B7E2-486975FE043A.jpeg

7D41E157-4B46-41F0-B7E2-486975FE043A.jpeg

TeslaFi report after charging on 10/16/2019 around 5:00pm

Reactions: nogajim
It's been fully operational for over a week. Plugshare won't allow it to be publicly* listed until it appears on Tesla's website, which unfortunately can take a long time -- months even! But it's already showing up in in-car navigation -- go look!

* It's listed, but hidden ...

Back again today....only car here....battery very low at charging start....still max of 80kw.

Did you navigate to this SC site before arrival so the car knows to precondition the battery for charging? I’m just curious b/c I do a lot of supercharging and have noticed I generally get higher charging rates after battery preconditioning (which afaik only happens when you actually nav to the SC site). Note I have never been to this site so I have no idea if this is the issue.

Keep an eye on this location, as it may be getting expanded. There is construction fencing up that looks like a charging install.

It could be an Electrify America install, as they have certainly colocated with Tesla in the recent past. But EA doesn't show anything "coming soon" here on their map, and they've been very good about announcing the upcoming sites.

It could also just be a bank ATM :)

Reactions: nogajim
The construction is actually an EVgo site. The DCFC hardware is already on site, and I recognize it as what EVgo is using for their new high-power sites. One popped up in Mableton last month ( PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You ) and this has precisely the same hardware. 350 kW at two stations (Signet hardware), and 100 kW at two more stations (Delta hardware). The Delta stations have two plugs and BOTH can be active at the same time (can do power split) so in theory these sites can support six cars charging at once.

20210721_184228.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: J569 and mociaf9