Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They probably still do test drives from the mall and when we only had the four bays, at least two were always occupied by the demo cars. Maybe a similar situation.. did they also remove the HPWC near the old Superchargers? Seems it would make more sense to install a couple HPWCs for the demo cars and leave the Superchargers for the locals ( I mean the travelers).

Don't think that answers my question, but okay.

It's a good 15 minute drive from this SC to the Littleton Service Center/Delivery Center. They deliberately do not use the SC for any Tesla business purpose.

They probably still do test drives from the mall and when we only had the four bays, at least two were always occupied by the demo cars. Maybe a similar situation.. did they also remove the HPWC near the old Superchargers? Seems it would make more sense to install a couple HPWCs for the demo cars and leave the Superchargers for the locals ( I mean the travelers).

The HPWCs are still in place, and are used to charge demo vehicles.

...I remember the old supercharger in the mall garage often had many stalls blocked by Tesla employees, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with the new supercharger.
When I took a Model 3 demo ride a few months back, the "customer experience representative" (or whatever their business cards say today) assured me that the HPWCs that are still installed at the old "temporary" SC location are reserved for demo cars; they do not charge at the SuperCharger.

So, this morning I noticed this "12 stall" listing in the app and in the car.

Made a visit to check it out. Found the existing 10 stalls, with no sign of new construction at the existing site or nearby. Also looked in the old parking structure site, nothing there except the store's HPWCs...

It's not that they couldn't use a few more SCs, but they aren't here yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20191024_145928-01.jpeg
    IMG_20191024_145928-01.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: HillCountryFun
So, this morning I noticed this "12 stall" listing in the app and in the car.

Made a visit to check it out. Found the existing 10 stalls, with no sign of new construction at the existing site or nearby. Also looked in the old parking structure site, nothing there except the store's HPWCs...

It's not that they couldn't use a few more SCs, but they aren't here yet.
For a 2 stall addition, I would be on the lookout for one of the mobile pallet superchargers that Tesla sometimes puts in at locations to temporarily increase the stall count. Because they're mobile, they are sometimes placed in what seems like a strange spot, not right next to the existing chargers. They will look like one of the below:

palladio-extraurban-jpg.355838

teslatempsupercharger-jpg.262694

For a 2 stall addition, I would be on the lookout for one of the mobile pallet superchargers that Tesla sometimes puts in at locations to temporarily increase the stall count. Because they're mobile, they are sometimes placed in what seems like a strange spot, not right next to the existing chargers. They will look like one of the below:

palladio-extraurban-jpg.355838

teslatempsupercharger-jpg.262694
They had the mobile pallet chargers close to the food court entrance for years. When they expanded the Lone Tree Supercharger to 10 stalls, I think they kept the pallet Superchargers for Tesla store use. Maybe they are now officially available for all users...or maybe someone cleaning up entries in the database accidentally combined them. o_O

uploadfromtaptalk1391880411150-jpg.42834

They had the mobile pallet chargers close to the food court entrance for years. When they expanded the Lone Tree Supercharger to 10 stalls, I think they kept the pallet Superchargers for Tesla store use. Maybe they are now officially available for all users...or maybe someone cleaning up entries in the database accidentally combined them. o_O

uploadfromtaptalk1391880411150-jpg.42834
I checked the listing this morning and it is back to 10 stalls. Yesterday, it showed as 12 stalls. As I mentioned earlier, I'm guessing it was a database issue.

Reactions: sdoorex and mociaf9
Is it just me or does Lone Tree need about 6 more chargers. Was there yesterday and pretty much all the time that place is full with cars waiting. Also seems like 3 of the 10 stalls had out of order signs on them.

Thinking it's time Denver metro got a few more stations up and going.

I got lucky and was able to get a spot right when I came in but when I walked back to my car about 20 mins later there was already 4 cars in line and to be honest blocking the road which I think looks bad for the brand.

Somebody on Facebook was talking about an expansion of the Lone Tree superchargers. Has anyone heard about this? There is room in the same row to put some more stalls at Park Meadows. Would be nice if they installed some v3 stalls there. Have they done any combination v2 and v3 superchargers or do they need different equipment to provide power to the v3s?

Location appears to be completely closed now. Will try to find more info.
Wish I’d seen this! I used more charge than I expected driving around in the cold today, but figured I could stop in at Lone Tree. I was very surprised to get the message that it was down when I pulled it up in the car. Had just enough charge to get back up to DIA. I was afraid it was going to be slammed, but it as only about half full.

Wish I’d seen this! I used more charge than I expected driving around in the cold today, but figured I could stop in at Lone Tree. I was very surprised to get the message that it was down when I pulled it up in the car. Had just enough charge to get back up to DIA. I was afraid it was going to be slammed, but it as only about half full.
Several sites around the country are incorrectly reporting they are down when they are in fact still operational. Chances are you still could've charged there. I know some of the stalls have problems but if the site was really down, people would be posting about it.

The new location in Reno has had the same message in the app and when using the car's navigation and people stopped using it. My mom went by and charged without any problems.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Several sites around the country are incorrectly reporting they are down when they are in fact still operational. Chances are you still could've charged there. I know some of the stalls have problems but if the site was really down, people would be posting about it.

The new location in Reno has had the same message in the app and when using the car's navigation and people stopped using it. My mom went by and charged without any problems.
I work a mile from Lone Tree so will check in person tomorrow. Today I was about equidistant from both without enough charge to make a mistake. Dumb of me to not have added enough extra margin for the cold.