Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles CA - Francisco Street (LIVE 6 Mar 2019, Hotel Indigo, Valet Only!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you all would be bitching if they opened it up to any Tesla and then you happened to be staying there (because of a Super Charger access) and now couldn't get a charger as a paying customer. It is on their property and they want to take care of THEIR paying guests. I see zero issue.

If you park at a hotel supercharger over night won't you incur idle fee's? As a guest at a hotel I would want access to the DESTINATION CHARGERS to prioritize guests of the hotel, but a Supercharger where you are going to spend 15 to 30 min isn't even an appropriate use case for a hotel location in my opinion.

If the Hotel is limiting Supercharger access to hotel guests and the hotel (350 rooms) was booked solid with every guest driving a Tesla... in that case you would be operating the Superchargers there at 72% capacity. Even going with 30 min each, you could charge 20 Tesla's per hour at this site, over 24 hours that would be 480 cars per day.

In reality if they had 50 guests driving Teslas (14% of fully booked hotel) I would be shocked.

This is a huge waste of a superhcarger site and Tesla should drop the hammer on them.

Keith

And you all would be bitching if they opened it up to any Tesla and then you happened to be staying there (because of a Super Charger access) and now couldn't get a charger as a paying customer. It is on their property and they want to take care of THEIR paying guests. I see zero issue.
B.S. This is Tesla's Supercharger, not the hotel's wall connectors. What they are doing is wrong, and someone needs to notify Tesla about it.