TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Loveland, CO

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Over in the "Northern Colorado Locations" thread new member @mrbrown joined TMC with a bang, posting photos of Supercharger hardware at the Embassy Inn & Suites in Loveland, CO: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1807807/

Loveland, CO:

Interstates: I-25
    US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-34, US-87*

I-25:
    To: Cheyenne, WY - 55.5 miles
    Diversion: 1 mile
    To: End (I-90 near Buffalo, WY) - 341 miles

To: Denver, CO (I-25, CO-E470) - 57 miles
    To: Lincoln, NE (US-34, I-76, I-80) - 477 miles

* US-87 is I-25 in Loveland.

The information from Tesla documents supplied to Lincoln, NE mentioned Fort Collins, CO and presumably Loveland, CO replaces Fort Collins, CO.

With Santa Fe, NM and possible activity in Las Cruces, NM, it looks like Tesla may be working to complete I-25. It seems that they would really benefit from getting Superchargers in Wyoming rest areas on I-25.

• Like x 1
  2. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

That's interesting. Certainly helps open up I-25 and makes more sense to put it in Loveland than Fort Collins.

I'd like one in the Golden area since the current Denver airport location is way out of my way when heading to Boulder from I-70 eastbound. Not likely though.

• Like x 2
  3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

Somewhere around the Colorado Mills area would be nice!

4. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Yes, not that it's likely to happen. With Loveland it is now fairly easy to head from Silverthorne to Cheyenne and vice versa. Hard to make a case for another metro area Supercharger Station unless congestion at the Denver airport location becomes a problem someday.

5. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

I wouldn't rule it out. But it's not something we'd see until probably 2018.

6. DrivingRockies

Photo from last weekend in Loveland. It would still be nice to have the supercharger on the west end of Denver (I-76/I-70 interchange) that was referenced on a permit application in Nebraska. That would increase the ease of my life :)

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  7. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Would Brush help? There have been some indications that a supercharger may be going in there, perhaps even already under construction. Hasn't been found yet though.

8. neverdone

neverdone Member

Drove by this morning. Still much work to do. Looks like 10 stalls; I believe the 10th is next to the power distribution units. IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2329.JPG

• Informative x 1
  9. DrivingRockies

Unfortunately no. Perhaps for some occasional trips to Sterling. Otherwise it's the wrong way.

10. HillCountryFun

IMG_5080.JPG IMG_5081.JPG IMG_5082.JPG IMG_5083.JPG IMG_5084.JPG
    Stopped on 11/20/16 at 1PM, talked with some great guys working on the site!!

• Like x 2
  11. Beryl

Beryl Member

My destination is Greeley and was limited to paying for CHAdeMO for "fast" charging. Loveland is perfect for me.

12. HillCountryFun

IMG_5116.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_5115.JPG IMG_5114.JPG 12/4/16 at 4PM - Looks like the construction is mostly complete. The big exception to that is the distribution transformer. Still, it should be hot by the holidays.

13. jewelerdave

jewelerdave Member

Sadly the snow and cold seems to have slowed construction. Checked it last night. 12-11-16 not much change but the heavy equipment is gone. But the storage container is still there. Looks like all they need to do is fence in the electrical equipment hook a few things up and she is ready to go! It is exciting to see this happening close to home.

14. HillCountryFun

Do you remember if the distribution pad mount transformer was installed?

15. DrivingRockies

Today at 8:25pm. PANO_20161214_202427.jpg

16. jewelerdave

jewelerdave Member

So the picture above shows more work completed than my last visit so progress is being made. Hope it goes online soon!

• Like x 1
  17. HillCountryFun

Excellent! Yep, looks very close to complete. I see the distribution transformer is in place. The only thing missing now is the "dreaded" streetlight. Many other sights have been long delayed waiting for the streetlight to be installed. Here's hoping that the site is live by the holidays!!

• Informative x 1
  18. jewelerdave

jewelerdave Member

I checked this morning and everything is done except for. The one single streetlight in the center of the long row of chargers.
    The plastic is off the chargers and the only thing on the chargers is a zip tie to keep them in place.

A storage rental container is also on site still.

So a street light can hold up projects sometimes? It has been a while since I have checked a forum for supercharger information.
    Ironically across the way maybe 30 feet away on the parking lot island is a street light. And another one maybe 40 feet away from the charger boxes. Sorry I don't know the terms for each one. Hope it is up and running after this storm. Looks like the light just needs to be bolted on and wired and a call to the utility company to turn it on. Fingers crossed it will be soon!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  19. jewelerdave

jewelerdave Member

It's up and running great! Dec 28

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. Chuq

Chuq Member

Pic on FB: :)

upload_2016-12-29_16-49-45.png