Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lowell, MA (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a Chargepoint charger at the Hannafords in Lowell, MA, and I recently noticed that some parking spots have been marked off near it (exactly 8) and some construction equipment left there. I've read about Hannafords deal with Tesla at several locations and was wondering if this might be another Supercharger location. Does anyone have to ability to check permits, etc?

Image-8.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I'm actually surprised it wouldn't be going in this area (unless this is the Hannaford you're referencing).

This is the North Chelmsford/Drum Hill neighborhood. The reason I would guess this one over the one technically in Lowell, is that this one is next to a Panera. LOL.

(also, it's better positioned for N/S travel on Rt 3.....N/S on 495 will be covered when Hudson, MA opens).

lowell.PNG

I'm actually surprised it wouldn't be going in this area (unless this is the Hannaford you're referencing).

This is the North Chelmsford/Drum Hill neighborhood. The reason I would guess this one over the one technically in Lowell, is that this one is next to a Panera. LOL.

(also, it's better positioned for N/S travel on Rt 3.....N/S on 495 will be covered when Hudson, MA opens).

View attachment 362162

I definitely agree but the OP referred to the Hannaford in Lowell plus the picture doesn't look like it came from the Chelmsford store.

Yes, that Hannaford is the one just off 495. Good location for easy highway access. If confirmed, I suspect this is the one that Tesla listed as "Lawrence".
The existing Lowell Hannaford's station is a free Chargepoint Chademo/CCS combo unit. There is also one at the Hannaford's on RT 20 in Marlborough. I've used both a couple of times for a quick range boost to get to the next Supercharger.

I've started using that Chademo recently, and it's a real quick detour from 495, with pretty fast charge rates (though not a lot to do in the area). A supercharger station there would be excellent, but I wouldn't mind if it were closer to Rte 3 to get NH commuters and closer to other amenities. Either way, having one up north would be awesome.

Interesting... I've been at that chademo many times (it's the only fast free charger around). Yes there's not much to do and there isn't a Panera in walking distance! Proximity to 495 is ideal, but I agree, Drum hill would be better from a "things to do" perspective. The obvious thing to do would be to ask the store manager on duty.