Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info. It was only about 30 seconds of "off but plugged in". Way less than the 5 minutes that you state. Is it possible that Lubbock is triggering faster? Anyway, what happened to me is not reasonable and needs to be corrected.
It gives you a warning almost immediately so I'm guessing that's what you saw. But the idle fees don't kick in unless and until you leave it plugged in and not charging for 5 minutes. If this is what happened, it seems reasonable to me.

It gives you a warning almost immediately so I'm guessing that's what you saw. But the idle fees don't kick in unless and until you leave it plugged in and not charging for 5 minutes. If this is what happened, it seems reasonable to me.
No, I never got a warning.
I only got the message on my invoice. This is not reasonable. but I do not know that I can do anything about it. It did not cost me money this time but it does say that next time they will charge me, so I am loosing my grace time to be idle when it was not my fault.

Lubbock is a mess.
1C would not ever open my charge port. I think it had no power at all.
1D would only give 1/2 the charge rate and then shut off 1/2 way though the charge. It did not give any notification to the app so the car sat idlr for 20 minutes. I had to unplug it and then plugit in again. then I found that Tesla had charged me an Idle fee again. this time $10. This Idle time is not my fault. it is defective Tesla equipment.
Tesla needs to refund all Idle fees Issued at Lubbock until they get the equipment fixed. So if you have had an Idle fee or other problems please complain to Tesla. They need to fix this. This will give EVs and Tesla supercharging a bad name.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
Lubbock is a mess.
1D would only give 1/2 the charge rate and then shut off 1/2 way though the charge. It did not give any notification to the app so the car sat idlr for 20 minutes. I had to unplug it and then plugit in again. then I found that Tesla had charged me an Idle fee again. this time $10. This Idle time is not my fault. it is defective Tesla equipment.
Tesla needs to refund all Idle fees Issued at Lubbock until they get the equipment fixed. So if you have had an Idle fee or other problems please complain to Tesla. They need to fix this. This will give EVs and Tesla supercharging a bad name.
Planning a quick trip to Lubbock this weekend. Glad you posted this information. I think I will skip the Lubbock Supercharger and charge in Plainview.

Lubbock is a mess.
I got home Sunday and went to my local Tesla sales office on Monday. I did not hear back so I returned on Friday and they gave me a
Phone number.....1-877-798-3752 ...... It is a generic Tesla Number and goes to a phone tree.

I hit 2 for Supercharge but could not get to a person.
I hit 4 for Invoicing and after a 15 minute hold got Lisa. We talked for about 5 minutes to get her all the information and then she put me on hold for another 10 mins to get authorization. Then I was told I would get a credit for the Idle fees but they could not clear my record so I loose the grace idle fee that they normally give.

The credit will come in 5-7 days or maybe in 30 days. I guess I need to wait and see, and update you again when/if they come.

I persisted and Lisa said she would put in a repair ticket for the supercharger. But I expect the repair person will not know what to look for so he will say it did not need repair.

If anyone gets 1D to work without cutting off it would be good for us all to know that to confirm that it is fixed or not.

Thanks,
Dan Lander

Today I got notice of a refund on my credit card. It was for both the idle fee, that I should not pay, and for the charging session, that I should pay.
So it is clear to me that Tesla does not know how to properly manage Idle fees. Either for billing us, or for giving us the credit back when they incorrectly bill us.

In Anycase, I am now done with this issue.

Today I got notice of a refund on my credit card. It was for both the idle fee, that I should not pay, and for the charging session, that I should pay.
So it is clear to me that Tesla does not know how to properly manage Idle fees. Either for billing us, or for giving us the credit back when they incorrectly bill us.

Is Texas still a per-minute state?

If it is per minute, charging problems have significant impact on your charging cost and a refund makes sense.

If it is per kWh, then charging problems shouldn't have a significant impact.
But even if per kWh, it's just nice to refund charging cost from charging sessions that were unpleasant.

Reactions: PLUS EV

Seems reasonable to refund your charging session given the time you spent dealing with the issue. I definitely wouldn't complain about that!

Is Texas still a per-minute state?

If it is per minute, charging problems have significant impact on your charging cost and a refund makes sense.

If it is per kWh, then charging problems shouldn't have a significant impact.
But even if per kWh, it's just nice to refund charging cost from charging sessions that were unpleasant.

Tesla bills per kWh in Texas. It has since late 2021 when the TX legislature amended the law to allow vehicle charging companies to bill per kWh. Ironically, I tried EA after the CCS adapter came out and they were still billing per minute. I just checked the EA app, and they still bill per minute, at least in west central Texas along I-20.

Not sure why EA hasn't converted to kWh billing in TX but that means if I can find an EA station that is in working condition, I can charge cheaper there then at a Supercharger.

• Informative
Seems reasonable to refund your charging session given the time you spent dealing with the issue. I definitely wouldn't complain about that!
Yes, I am sure Tesla paid 5 to 10 times more than the refund, in wages to employees that wasted their time straitening this out.

The refund was not worth my time or Tesla's time. The only way it is worth the cost and effort is if Tesla follows through and fixes the chargers and the Idle fee process so that this never happens again. Fixing the process was my goal.

Yes, I am sure Tesla paid 5 to 10 times more than the refund, in wages to employees that wasted their time straitening this out.

The refund was not worth my time or Tesla's time. The only way it is worth the cost and effort is if Tesla follows through and fixes the chargers and the Idle fee process so that this never happens again. Fixing the process was my goal.

Hopefully, this won't be an issue anymore once the big one opens at the Toot'n Totum on US-84. This small site at the service center was really meant to be a stop gap until the primary site could be completed.

Talked to a Tesla Lubbock Tesla employee today. They confirmed that this service center Supercharger will close to the public once a proper Lubbock Supercharger opens and will be reconfigured for service use only. Right now, it's looking like the newly permitted University Ave (Target) location will probably be constructed before the one at Toot'n Totum on US-84.