Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lumberton, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the Lumberton site this afternoon on my way back from Savannah. The crew were busy wiring the switch cabinet and said they expect to be complete on Wednesday. I presume a few days of testing like at Santee and it should be up and running.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 952
photo (2).JPG

A fellow Model S driver emailed me this photo today. He said it was almost ready to open and was behind the Texas Steakhouse off exit 22. He didn't mention charging here, so I don't know if the Superchargers are live yet or not. Still exciting.

photo (2).JPG

A fellow Model S driver sent me an email today with this picture. He said it was almost ready to open. He didn't mention charging there, so I don't think they are live yet. Soon, though by the looks of it.

A fellow Model S driver sent me an email today with this picture. He said it was almost ready to open. He didn't mention charging there, so I don't think they are live yet. Soon, though by the looks of it.

Interesting! Look at the top left of the wooden enclosure. This is the first time I have seen what appear to be web cams. Also, it looks like the Supercharger cabinets are not installed yet.

Strange that the Supercharger cabinets are still missing. That's what goes inside the wooden fence connected to those conduits sticking up from the slab. I wonder if they are having some kind of shipping issue getting the actual superchargers out here. Otherwise everything looks like it's ready, but until those cabinets show up, it certainly won't work.

View attachment 39955

A fellow Model S driver emailed me this photo today. He said it was almost ready to open and was behind the Texas Steakhouse off exit 22. He didn't mention charging here, so I don't know if the Superchargers are live yet or not. Still exciting.

Nice pic.
And yes, very exciting!!!

Looks like there is at least one major element still missing, which would prevent it from being able to supply a charge:

** ESVE cabinets
** Maybe also an adjacent transformer, (hopefully it is already there)

Also, lots of smaller stuff:

** EV charging station Parking posts and signs
** gates for the Charging equipment paddock
** re-striping of the pavement
** probably some landscaping or dressing up of the raw dirt with bark mulch

Interesting! Look at the top left of the wooden enclosure. This is the first time I have seen what appear to be web cams. Also, it looks like the Supercharger cabinets are not installed yet.

I think those are actually parking lot lights outside the Texas Steakhouse from airj1012 and fdog photos, not web cams.
Yep, no ESVE cabinets on site yet.

Here are some shots from a TMC member fdog and also an estimate of where the location is on the map based on his pictures.

View attachment 38558

View attachment 38559

Even better would be webcams that are publicly viewable so you could see how many cars are currently charging. Or even better - a web page you could go to that tells you the current charging status of all the cars currently charging. Tesla could do it if they wanted to....

Even better would be webcams that are publicly viewable so you could see how many cars are currently charging. Or even better - a web page you could go to that tells you the current charging status of all the cars currently charging. Tesla could do it if they wanted to....

I don't think that information would be much of a help right now. Currently the superchargers are spaced in a way that you need to hit each one to make your destination. The webcam wouldn't allow you to skip one supercharger and head to the next one, but only disappoint you if you had a longer wait than expected.

I've gotta believe that Lumberton should be done this week unless they are just waiting for parts. Any recon to see the state of the install? I'm tempted to call the Texas Steakhouse and ask an employee to snap a pic and email it to me :)

was there last night and it looks to be DONE. It is posted on Plugshare but I had a tough time finding it as it was dark. The area is well lighted and it is in a shopping center near 3 decent hotels and about a 2-3 block distance from Walmart and many other shopping stores and restaurants. I am traveling N in my ICE and staying in a Hotel across the street from the Rocky Mount SC. Tesla must really have put alot of thought into these locations EXCEPT the N Fla area. I noticed that my mpg was lowering going North partially because of the uphill grade. So they have put the Carolina SC closer. But the missing link is Jacksonville, I will not be able to safely make the 180 mile distance between St Augustine and Savannah. Until that is fixed, my 60 will not be traveling with me up I95.

I driven 240 - 250 miles during the summer in a MS 60 . I drive at 59 mph in cruise control just like Tesla recommends and it works. You don't think you can drive in cruise control at 59 mph and make it? You can stop in Jacksonville and top off there.