Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynchburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you get confirmation, please provide photos or link to a permit so we can get it added to supercharge.info.

Also, if you could show exactly where the location will be on a map, that'll help place the pin. cc @Chuq for awareness.
Talked to Sheetz in Lynchburg . The Sheetz at the Lynchburg Airport is getting a Tesla supercharger . Trying to figure out when it will open ??

Newport News received their pedestals in the last few days, so hopefully that means that the hardware for Lynchburg is on the way and some progress can be made.

I drove by the Madison site on Tuesday and the Lynchburg site on Thursday hoping maybe they got their pedestals like Newport News and some other locations....but no dice at either location.

I hope this construction gets wrapped up before the holiday travel season. Not looking positive though.
According to Supercharge.info, it looks like none of the 250KW chargers have been completed since the Las Vegas one in July.
The cabinets/transformer are not in place yet, so there's still quite a bit of work to be done on this one, unfortunately. I'll keep everyone posted as I will be going by there at least once a week until after Thanksgiving.

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
No real change though not sure if the transformer is new, current pictures from 11/05/2019 at 08:40PM
IMG_20191105_203919.jpg
IMG_20191105_203851.jpg

Last edited:
I see on Supercharger.info that both Salem and Newport New are now open. I hope that means Lynchburg and Madison will be open soon as well. Madison might have a better chance of opening soon as that one is V2 vs V3 for Lynchburg. Supercharger.info reported yesterday that NN was open, and their site reported today that Salem was open.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. So does anyone want to do an opening meetup at the site once they are done?
Definitely! I actually stopped at the new Salem SuC the other weekend on the way back from Blacksburg. It might be a while before this one is open, unfortunately. I'll be sure to post something when I see that they have the construction zone marked off/equipment delivered.

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky