Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynchburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today. Two spots are ICE'd ,so tow I called a tow truck (j/k). No visual progress. An employee told me they were supposed to be opened in August, but they are waiting on back-ordered parts. She said they have been largely kept in the dark and don't know when they will open.

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_091218.jpg
    IMG_20191226_091218.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20191226_091212.jpg
    IMG_20191226_091212.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 100
This particular site is supposed to have v3 chargers, so they are waiting for the cabinets and pedestals to be delivered before they can complete the setup. V3 was rolled out in Canada, is starting to be rolled out in China and I expect the "unfinished" SuC stations in the US to start receiving the equipment soon.

This particular site is supposed to have v3 chargers, so they are waiting for the cabinets and pedestals to be delivered before they can complete the setup. V3 was rolled out in Canada, is starting to be rolled out in China and I expect the "unfinished" SuC stations in the US to start receiving the equipment soon.

2 in Fairfield, CT opened this week. It's starting.

Reactions: swengl
Interesting that Farmville is now listed on the official Supercharger map, but Lynchburg is still not listed.

Also, as a side note, Williamsburg is now listed as coming soon, but unfortunately nothing for Danville. We're getting there.....

• Love
Reactions: swengl
Interesting that Farmville is now listed on the official Supercharger map, but Lynchburg is still not listed.

Also, as a side note, Williamsburg is now listed as coming soon, but unfortunately nothing for Danville. We're getting there.....
It's great that Tesla (and partners) are filling in big charging station gaps in the state that aren't necessarily along an interstate (but are heavily travelled by folks within the state).

Reactions: RTPEV

The Sheetz in Danville is currently closed for a complete renovation, gas pumps and all. I've been checking every couple of weeks to look for any signs of a Supercharger installation but so far I've seen nothing obvious. I sent a message to Sheetz asking if there would be a Supercharger added as part of the construction, but I've not heard anything back yet. I'm hopeful, as the nearby Sheetz locations in Greensboro, Lynchburg, Salem, and Madison all have Superchargers. I also think it's very likely that the new Farmville Supercharger location will be at the Sheetz at 460 and 15.

Last edited:
The Sheetz in Danville is currently closed for a complete renovation, gas pumps and all. I've been checking every couple of weeks to look for any signs of a Supercharger installation but so far I've seen nothing obvious. I sent a message to Sheetz asking if there would be a Supercharger added as part of the construction, but I've not heard anything back yet. I'm hopeful, as the nearby Sheetz locations in Greensboro, Lynchburg, Salem, and Madison all have Superchargers. I also think it's very likely that the new Farmville Supercharger location will be at the Sheetz at 460 and 15.

Here's hoping that Superchargers are part of that renovation project in Danville. Keep us posted!

As far as Farmville, I agree, but the only concern I have is that the Sheetz in Farmville is always packed and there's barely enough room to park or drive through the lot. Maybe they will extend the lot as part of the install.

Here's hoping that Superchargers are part of that renovation project in Danville. Keep us posted!

As far as Farmville, I agree, but the only concern I have is that the Sheetz in Farmville is always packed and there's barely enough room to park or drive through the lot. Maybe they will extend the lot as part of the install.

Yea, that one would be tight. I could see if maybe they expanded the pavement in the red circle I've drawn below. I imagine with Lynchburg not too far away, they won't make this one into a 12-spot layout.
FvilleSC.PNG

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky
There is some progress at the Lynchburg site. As of yesterday, there were two white cabinets installed that I definitely hadn't seen previously. I didn't get a picture, but they looked similar to the ones in this post here: Pictures of V3 Supercharger cabinets
That's great news! Now all we need are the pedestals and if they shipped the cabinets, I would think the pedestals shouldn't be too far behind. When I get a chance, I'll swing by to take a look.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd