Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manitowoc, Wisconsin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A stealth installation!

Festival Foods in Manitowoc, WI at the festival foods.

reported by the Tesla WI Community FB group!

Attachments

• IMG_3029.png
    IMG_3029.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3030.jpeg
    IMG_3030.jpeg
    737.8 KB · Views: 133
I dropped by this morning. There is certainly some site work to do, such as filling in the gap between the edge of the pavement and the concrete curbs, painting parking spot lines and landscaping. The cabinets, transformer and meter are there (meter seemed to be unpowered). There is no way to know if all the electrical work inside the cabinets has been completed or not.

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

My wife gave the Model S some kilowatts at Manitowoc after her 500 mile drive today.
This has a more convenient than Sheboygan.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this gets MagicDock added at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    873.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    659.1 KB · Views: 22
I did a quick charge there today as well. I must admit that I am a bit confused by the placement of the bollards. Their placement well off center of the parking spots provides very poor protection for the pedestals. I expect that one or more pedestals will eventually get hit and pushed back.

I charged my 20 MYLR there the day it went live (Nov 4th). My battery was low and I was the only one there and I was getting lower-than-normal charge speeds (lower even than a 150kw charger). I chalked it up to being brand new. Can anyone confirm that they've gotten normal/fast charging speeds there since? I live in Minneapolis but take my Tesla to visit family in Manitowoc a few times a year and this will really help.

Also, is there any way to see if there are any other planned supercharger installs along Highway 29 in WI? I feel like nobody knew about this sneaky Manitowoc charger until it began getting installed. One more supercharger between the Menomonie charger and the Wausau charger would make winter travel feasible for me.

Reactions: starman27