Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, now I see what you mean. Yes, to the right of the photo is a huge parking lot going all the way to Bass Pro. And charging as you illustrate would block two charging stalls. Reflecting on that photo. One could — if there were no cars charging in the two far right stalls — simply pull forward and charge from the farthest right stall and the trailer would block the other far right stall. So same result. *** To reiterate, I would only do that if there were a lot of open stalls!
Not exactly. This may help explain. It could be that I don't know what's to the right of this photo, but I thought it was a longish parking lot headed toward Bass Pro.

View attachment 266572

I used the new set of chargers a few days ago. I like how much better lit they are. There was also a security person on a bicycle in the vicinity then (around 7pm on a weekday).

Where do folks answer the call of nature while charging here ? I've always gone into the Subway, but is there a public restroom within the mall itself, nearby ?

Reactions: ohmman
There's no public restroom in the shopping center that I've found. I've used the one in the Red Robin once or twice by just walking past the hostess and pretending I know where I'm going. Don't feel as compelled to buy something in there as you do the Subway. ;)

There's no public restroom in the shopping center that I've found. I've used the one in the Red Robin once or twice by just walking past the hostess and pretending I know where I'm going. Don't feel as compelled to buy something in there as you do the Subway. ;)
There are "public" restrooms but they are only open during business hours. So the hedge becomes the alternative if your are there early or late.o_O

Where do folks answer the call of nature while charging here ? I've always gone into the Subway, but is there a public restroom within the mall itself, nearby ?
I go into Bass Pro that way I don't have to worry about people noticing me. They're in the back right corner of the store.

While JCPenny has the best hours it's a long walk, usually open 8am - midnight.

It's old news, but my first time thru since last winter, and adding 12 stalls was huge! Did the Bass Pro also.
IMG_0151.JPG

Reactions: Pluto and McManX
Thanks for the photo of the new charging stalls. The lack of ICE cars parking in that area is what I have always seen in the many times I have charged at Manteca. And your photo makes clear that my idea of charging without unhitching while towing a trailer using the far right stalls is feasible. No one would be inconvenienced when no one is parking in that area of the lot. This will be great for camping trips to the Yosemite area.
It's old news, but my first time thru since last winter, and adding 12 stalls was huge! Did the Bass Pro also.View attachment 268608

Thanks for the photo of the new charging stalls. The lack of ICE cars parking in that area is what I have always seen in the many times I have charged at Manteca. And your photo makes clear that my idea of charging without unhitching while towing a trailer using the far right stalls is feasible. No one would be inconvenienced when no one is parking in that area of the lot. This will be great for camping trips to the Yosemite area.
Great for all. And for now, I think you could pull-thru trailer charge at new interior slots also, w/o conflicts.

Dear Tesla owner in bay area, we were supercharging at Manteca this evening.
But my daughter forgot her pink sport sandal there...more exactly at Stall 3B.
We live in San Jose and my daughter found her shoes missing after we got home.....
If any chance you see that sandal, and you happen to live in bay area, please could you take it with you?
I can pick it up at any location in bay area.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Tesla owner in bay area, we were supercharging at Manteca this evening.
But my daughter forgot her pink sport sandal there...more exactly at Stall 3B.
We live in San Jose and my daughter found her shoes missing after we got home.....
If any chance you see that sandal, and you happen to live in bay area, please could you take it with you?
I can pick it up at any location in bay area.
Thanks in advance.
Quick update,
A Tesla owner, who also lives in San Jose, brought my daughter's sandal and I pick it up today!
I actually held out no hope when posting online. My daughter even cried because she thought there is no chance to find her favorite sandal back. Really appreciate that Tesla owner! People are awesome! Tesla owners are awesome!!!
1f603.png

I see an older post, but to put my 2 cents worth in here... Stay away from the Gestapo Desk clerks at the Hampton Inn. They love to question you as you come in the door with a question like "How is your room?" And whether you answer them or not, it is a lead in to the next question..... What is your room number? When you tell them you are not staying there, some rude Indian guy will ask you to leave. I NEVER have this problem at other hotels near a supercharger.

I agree that I also go to BassPro. And on the way out I usually get something to drink or snack.

• Disagree
Reactions: bxr140