Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marathon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by on my way to Key West and stopped by Valentines day weekend. I didn't notice any construction.

However, I did make it from Key West eco-discovery center HPWC to the Fort Myers SC in a single charge though. I took the turnpike to 41 across the everglades at night and got there with about 8 miles rated range left (2%). My trip energy consumption prediction went from -3% at the beginning to +7% at homestead, then back down to ~2-4% after the turnpike. I always had a warning to "drive slowly" on the nav screen. Typical traffic on the Keys and nobody on 41 (8-9pm on a Sunday) drove 5-10 over the limit the whole way on 41.

This Marathon SC would make the difference in taking 41 or 75 across the glades.

85kw with 19" tires.

Thanks for the information and welcome to the forums.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts link in my signature.

Larry

I had a non-Tesla friend stop by the proposed SuperCharger location on Marathon at the airport. Could be nothing but work seems like it might be commencing.
Marathon SuperCharger 1.jpg
Marathon SuperCharger 2.jpg

I had a non-Tesla friend stop by the proposed SuperCharger location on Marathon at the airport. Could be nothing but work seems like it might be commencing.
View attachment 75553View attachment 75554

Sure hope it is what it looks like it is! Planning a trip down to Key West some time this Spring and would really make it easy if the SCs were up and running. If your non-Tesla friend is local and wouldn't mind an occasional update it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

This will be an excellent place. There's virtually nothing for charging down there. Even the Walgreens has no charger. Stayed in Key Largo for my honeymoon last week and we had to charge off of a No Vacancy sign at the hotel. Wiring was bad, as well, reading less than 100 V.

This will be an excellent place. There's virtually nothing for charging down there. Even the Walgreens has no charger. Stayed in Key Largo for my honeymoon last week and we had to charge off of a No Vacancy sign at the hotel. Wiring was bad, as well, reading less than 100 V.

I think erratic flicker is designed into No Vacancy signs, isn't it?:wink:

I just returned from 4 days in Key West and had no difficulty charging for the trip. Went from Ormond Beach, charged at Port St. Lucie to 268 Rm, then charged at the Everglades Hostel in Florida City on their HPWC. Ran into a bit of bad luck at the hostel as there was a Tesla charging there on his return trip from the Keys so had to spend 2 1/2 hours there (an hour at the Mexican Restaurant). Charged up to 166 range miles on my S85 and arrived at Key West with 36 RM left. Next day charged at the ECO center to 240RM and had plenty to take me back to Florida City, with 118RM in the tank. Dropped the wife and sister-in-law off at the Cracker Barrel and did a 1:35 hour charge to 202rm which took me to PSL with 28RM left. Then onto Ormond Beach. Also put $10 in the pot at the Hostel on both legs. As a matter of note, had 4 folks in the car loaded with luggage.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9843-Hotels-in-Florida-with-Charging-Stations/page15

See Post 143 for the Everglades Hostel

Getting ready to buy roadster in Delray

Looking forward to being able to travel to the Florida Keys in the near future with the upcoming Tesla Supercharger that will be installed at the Marathon Airport.

Airport to get supercharged | KeysNews.com

Location: 9400 Overseas Hwy. Marathon, FL 33050 - Google Maps

View attachment 64545
Very worried I will not make it back home to Key West.
Is the station open at Marathon airport or not? Anyone know?
Thanks Kate

Very worried I will not make it back home to Key West.
Is the station open at Marathon airport or not? Anyone know?
Thanks Kate

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the forum.

The Marathon Supercharger is not operational yet.

I'm not sure how the title of your posting relates to the Marathon Supercharger since Roadsters can't charge at Superchargers. Were you referring to driving your Model S to Delray to buy a Roadster?

Larry

I'm curious as well. My fiancé and I are getting married on the 1st of May and are driving down for our honeymoon. Obviously if it's open, we'll be using; otherwise I'll have to find another source.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your marriage.

Here's a link to a Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations.

Just zoom into the area that you are interested in.

Our club also sponsored the installation of an HPWC at the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center, 35 East Quay Road, Key West, FL 33040, 305-809-4750.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts link in my signature.

Larry

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your marriage.

Here's a link to a Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations.

Just zoom into the area that you are interested in.

Our club also sponsored the installation of an HPWC at the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center, 35 East Quay Road, Key West, FL 33040, 305-809-4750. The HPWC is available during business hours. It may not be available on Sundays.

Larry

I used the Eco charger at Key West less than 2 weeks ago and it's avail 7/24. I should have taken a pic of the sign that says that as I charged there about 6:30am. Here is what plug share says about it being available 24 hours. With the HPWC at the hostel in Florida City and the Eco charger, the trip to Key West if more than doable for even a 60kwt.

Troy a month ago No longer limited to business hours. J1772 listed as $1 when you swipe your credit card. No indication of what you get for that dollar. Wish I was her with my i3 to actually test it.

http://www.plugshare.com/#

I used the Eco charger at Key West less than 2 weeks ago and it's avail 7/24. I should have taken a pic of the sign that says that as I charged there about 6:30am. Here is what plug share says about it being available 24 hours. With the HPWC at the hostel in Florida City and the Eco charger, the trip to Key West if more than doable for even a 60kwt.

Troy a month ago No longer limited to business hours. J1772 listed as $1 when you swipe your credit card. No indication of what you get for that dollar. Wish I was her with my i3 to actually test it.

http://www.plugshare.com/#

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the information. As you know plugshare is crowd-sourced information so its not always accurate. However, in this case we have a photo of the sign.

72313.jpg

I'll edit my earlier posting to avoid confusion.

Larry

Last edited: