Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marianna FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Someone with normally very solid information tells me that he heard that a supercharging site is either already open or is close to opening in Marianna FL.

Now obviously it isn't open already, but certainly one could be well into construction. Looking at the map, there are two highway exits off I-10 that serve Marianna, Exit 136 and Exit 142. Exit 136 does not appear to have much of anything at it, although it is the only one of the two exits that is inside Marianna proper. Exit 142 has LOTS of businesses that could be hosting a site and is the more likely location.

If anyone is in the area, please spend some time prowling through business parking lots at these two exits -- you should at least spot construction fencing!

Since I believe Tesla intends to build out the Atlanta to PCB route, this site could also be west of Marianna, closer to 231.

Google Maps

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Someone with normally very solid information tells me that he heard that a supercharging site is either already open or is close to opening in Marianna FL.

Now obviously it isn't open already, but certainly one could be well into construction. Looking at the map, there are two highway exits off I-10 that serve Marianna, Exit 136 and Exit 142. Exit 136 does not appear to have much of anything at it, although it is the only one of the two exits that is inside Marianna proper. Exit 142 has LOTS of businesses that could be hosting a site and is the more likely location.

If anyone is in the area, please spend some time prowling through business parking lots at these two exits -- you should at least spot construction fencing!

Since I believe Tesla intends to build out the Atlanta to PCB route, this site could also be west of Marianna, closer to 231.

Google Maps
I don’t know if you would approve of this method, but you could try calling businesses at 142, like the Pilot’s Travel Center, the TA across the highway, a couple of the hotels (not the Walmart, I don’t think they’ll ever host a Supercharger site these days).

This method worked quite well for us last year during the TCan finds. Maybe you could try the same for Brunswick, GA.

I've got a possible building permit from Jackson County--Permit #200675. It's for an addition at the Love's Travel Stop (@ intersection of US-237 and I-10). But, unfortunately, it doesn't have hardly any other information, doesn't mention Tesla or EV charging, etc. Definitely not enough to confirm it.

Excellent, thanks mociaf9. For the record:

Permit #200675
Permit Date: 03/18/2020
Building Type: Commercial
Permit Type: Building
Purpose: Addition
Owner Address: 2510 HWY 231
Description: ADDITION
Contractors:
Fees:
Construction Permit: $2,798.00
State Surcharge-Cost more than $16,000: $69.95
Plan Review Fees/ Commercial Only: $1,399.00
Total Fees: $4,266.95
Amount Due: $4,266.95

[No files attached.]

Map link to exact location, which is indeed a good 10 miles west of Marianna proper, and near the intersection of US 231 with I-10:
Google Maps

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7
I was actually in this area on Friday and looked around.

There was nothing to see at the Love's location mentioned in the permit above. I drove around the entire property, including both the consumer area (gas station + convenience store + McDonalds) and the sprawling truck stop area, and so no signs of anything. I then parked and walked the parking area where a supercharging install would likely go, and didn't even see surveying marks.

I then drove over to the two exits off I-10 that serve Marianna proper. Exit 136 is officially within Marianna city limits, but has literally nothing at it, no businesses at all. Exit 142 is teeming with businesses, and I spent 20 minutes driving through pretty much every parking lot looking for construction. Nothing.

I guess we'll have to wait until we have more firm information before checking the area again.

Use your own intuition, but on this listing one of the investment highlights says:

Located off 1-10 exit. Proposed Tesla charging station.

www.crexi.com - The Commercial Real Estate Exchange

2070 Hwy. 71., Marianna, FL 32448
We've got a winner! Nice find. I searched the Jackson Co. permit portal again and found Tesla's application confirming plans for an 8-stall (V3) supercharger at that location--Permit #201153. The permit looks like it was initially applied for on 2020-05-20 and is still under review.

Address: 2070 FL-71, Marianna, FL 32448
GPS: 30.716016, -85.184269

@Chuq @MarcoRP

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and Chuq
Also is a critical location for people from Atlanta going to the Florida panhandle.
Dothan would be better, but this should help a lot.

It's clearly not a replacement for that. Just more density and speed. They've been splitting a number of the the larger Interstate gaps with new v3 Superchargers.

Tesla's findus map indicates they want Pensacola, FL to come as well, to split a larger (137.8 miles) gap between Mobile, AL and DeFuniak Springs, FL.

It's clearly not a replacement for that. Just more density and speed. They've been splitting a number of the the larger Interstate gaps with new v3 Superchargers.

Tesla's findus map indicates they want Pensacola, FL to come as well, to split a larger (137.8 miles) gap between Mobile, AL and DeFuniak Springs, FL.

If Tesla would add one at Columbus, that roughly bisect the trip to this new Supercharger from Atlanta. Avoid having to divert to Macon for a top-up

Reactions: interfx
Marianna, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Tallahassee, FL - 61.6 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Live Oak, FL - 141.3 miles

Splits a near 120 mile gap on I-10, one of the larger ones along I-10.

Thanks kvandivo for finally finding this. I was in the area just last weekend and rechecked that earlier Love's location, but didn't find anything so didn't post here figuring that this was just a dead end. It happens.

To be clear, because another address was posted above and might confuse folks, THIS thread is about the supercharging site here:

2070 FL-71
Marianna, FL 32448

This will definitely help folks coming from Atlanta, as M3BlueGeorgia said.

Now someone go check it out!

• Informative
Reactions: 1speed
A full feature exit. Near a BBQ restaurant, Ruby Tuesday, McDonald's, Popeye's and a Walmart Super Center. McDonald's and Popeyes appear to be walking distance. Others are north of I-10, SC site is south of I-10. Using the address above.

• Informative
Reactions: 1speed
Thanks kvandivo for finally finding this. I was in the area just last weekend and rechecked that earlier Love's location, but didn't find anything so didn't post here figuring that this was just a dead end. It happens.

Happy to help out. Just randomly came up as a property I might be interested in buying and, I still might look into it if it doesn't sell before too long. I'm never on that road because it just isn't "on my path" to anywhere (if it were on i75 instead of i10... I would be looking much closer), but if the numbers work, I'll do the deal.

Happy to help out. Just randomly came up as a property I might be interested in buying and, I still might look into it if it doesn't sell before too long. I'm never on that road because it just isn't "on my path" to anywhere (if it were on i75 instead of i10... I would be looking much closer), but if the numbers work, I'll do the deal.
Hi KV,

The property that the future Supercharger Station will be on belongs to Hickory Properties, presumably the owners of Dickey's Barbeque Pit. The link to the property that you provided up thread is no longer working, so perhaps it already changed hands.

Larry