Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must have been a very good boy this past year. Santa is answering your letter! (Seriously, though, you've endured long enough on this route.
Oh yeah!

Now, if only John Day will get one, you can have your cake and eat it too.)
My previous quest was just to get ANY way to get over to Bend. I would have taken Burns or John Day, but since we got Burns, John Day is meh.

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 11.07.36 AM.png

Tesla's "Find Us" map update today has this location as Target Opening Q2 2023.

The 78 , 95 junction further north would have been perfect but thus will help.

Unfortunately it's hard to put chargers in the middle of nowhere in a place with no amenities. Burns Junction has nothing. It had something but not any more.

McDermitt, NV is a location some people have been asking for a long time. Tesla have had it on the map for a while.

Last edited:
McDermitt, NV

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Quinn River Market
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-95
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-95

To: Ontario, OR - 184.7 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Coeur d'Alene, ID (v2) - 540.3 miles

Easing travel between Northern Nevada and Oregon.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
The 78 , 95 junction further north would have been perfect but thus will help.
Why? A junction is nothing more than a turn of the steering wheel. It's not where people stop. This route is for the most part very empty, and there are very few places where there are any amenities, and you need something where people can tolerate waiting for 20 minutes or so. A fork in the road isn't that.

Just confirmed via email with the building department in Humboldt County that Tesla has applied to build a Supercharger in the Quinn River Market parking lot at 195 US-95. It has recently passed plan review and the permit has been issued. There is an existing 50kw Shell Recharge station here.
Thank you for finding this; it feels a bit closer to real now. I've tried to use that Shell Recharge station with my CHAdeMO adapter, and it was a nervous 6 or 7 tries just to get the dang station to activate. Credit card readers wouldn't work, connection errors trying to communicate to the station with phone apps, etc. It was pretty bad, so I'm glad to get a more reliable Supercharger station.

Reactions: jsight and IdaX
Why? A junction is nothing more than a turn of the steering wheel. It's not where people stop. This route is for the most part very empty, and there are very few places where there are any amenities, and you need something where people can tolerate waiting for 20 minutes or so. A fork in the road isn't that.

Thank you for finding this; it feels a bit closer to real now. I've tried to use that Shell Recharge station with my CHAdeMO adapter, and it was a nervous 6 or 7 tries just to get the dang station to activate. Credit card readers wouldn't work, connection errors trying to communicate to the station with phone apps, etc. It was pretty bad, so I'm glad to get a more reliable Supercharger station.
Why? Because this is the route that EVERYONE takes when traveling between NorCal and Boise. Amenities are nice, but I would rather have a SC in McDermitt, NV with no amenities than no SC and have amenities. It is no secret that there is a massive amount of CA transplants to Boise and growing. When they want to visit family back in CA, this is the route they take. There is absolutely nothing between Boise and Winnemucca. I live near Boise, and it is 254mi from my door to the SC in Winnemucca.

There are also CHAdeMO chargers in McDermitt, NV.

A family member drove down to Reno on Friday and back to Boise today. Stopped at the market in McDermitt to use the Shell Recharge. (one of two working!) The person at the market told him the SC was to be done in two weeks. On Friday there wasn't much construction, but by today he said there had been a bunch of digging, conduit appeared to be roughed in and he said there is a cabinet box present. Not holding my breath for two weeks, but the progress seems real. @Rocky_H

A family member drove down to Reno on Friday and back to Boise today. Stopped at the market in McDermitt to use the Shell Recharge. (one of two working!) The person at the market told him the SC was to be done in two weeks. On Friday there wasn't much construction, but by today he said there had been a bunch of digging, conduit appeared to be roughed in and he said there is a cabinet box present. Not holding my breath for two weeks, but the progress seems real. @Rocky_H
Thanks for the update!
I’m pissed that TESLA is installing a second SC in Coeur d’Alene when we only have one in the Treasure Valley (Boise). We are by far the more populated area than north Idaho, so WTF!!!?????

• Funny
Reactions: KJD
Sweet! I have a planned road trip that will have me going from Winnemucca to Boise in mid June. Fingers crossed!