Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend who is going on the trip who needs to use this location is still paranoid and doesn't believe this location is open, despite my sending him screen shots and pictures and links and the fact that the pin is on the map. Navigation routing from the car still won't use it. I've seen that delayed sometimes, but he still thinks that means it's not turned on. Can someone report here when you actually use it?

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
My friend who is going on the trip who needs to use this location is still paranoid and doesn't believe this location is open, despite my sending him screen shots and pictures and links and the fact that the pin is on the map. Navigation routing from the car still won't use it. I've seen that delayed sometimes, but he still thinks that means it's not turned on. Can someone report here when you actually use it?
Tesla's twitter feed had a picture of cars charging so I would guess that's pretty official.

Tabot Tietjen's post has a copy of it.

Tesla's twitter feed had a picture of cars charging so I would guess that's pretty official.

Tabot Tietjen's post has a copy of it.
He didn't believe that one, because it just shows cars parked next to it, and he said that the white car is the Tesla technician still working on it, so that may have still been in progress. The other car you can't see if it's plugged in or not. He's being way too cautious with it I think.

He didn't believe that one, because it just shows cars parked next to it, and he said that the white car is the Tesla technician still working on it, so that may have still been in progress. The other car you can't see if it's plugged in or not. He's being way too cautious with it I think.

You can lead a horse Tesla to water a supercharger, but you can't make them drink charge... :)

Congratulations and thanks for the confirmation. This just made the CA to ID route much more palatable. Thanks to all who lobbied all these years for a supercharger between Winnemucca and Boise, voted for McDermitt, NV and thanks to Tesla Energy for listening and executing on it. I’ll be using it this week as well. Heading to a Tesla Owners Club event in SLO. Should be fun.

This is amazing news. I mean they were before but you had to take a detour through Elko to charge but now it’s direct.

Are there really no other long stretch areas without chargers. This is amazing. You guys in Boise can now drive to Tesla Takeover Saturday.
Northeast Nevada to Vegas on 93 needs Ely. But to Rocky’s point, state to state is connected, there are some long stretches in state on lesser routes but it’s getting better.