Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medway, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how many of the “likes” are now planning a supercharging road trip to the now complete Maine/New Brunswick supercharging buildout and fall foliage rich area or perhaps even enroute to get a first day charge ;)

Probably come a week too late. Columbus Day weekend was peak foliage and today we've had some stronger winds and rain, so more leaves have fallen.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Probably come a week too late. Columbus Day weekend was peak foliage and today we've had some stronger winds and rain, so more leaves have fallen.
True. I was up this way Columbus Day weekend and it was beautiful all the way up into Canada.

Getting a good charge of 115kW now with a 33% SoC.

04D5B2FC-A00D-4645-A520-51B606E6C381.jpeg

This is amazing.
The final connection of the NorthEast expansion.
Being able to get all the way from most of Nova Scotia, all of PEI, and most of NB to either the states or the Central Canada is the first sign we will win the revolution. When the TCH is done and the few dark spots can be filled in we will be able to show Canadians that they really can join us.
Now for the Pickup and the Y!

Moderator note (bmah): This post was moved from a thread in another subforum.

To let you know: the Supercharger in Medway, Me is now working. There are 6 stalls at 1941 Medway Road, Medway, ME!
My wife and I charged up there twice on Oct 21, 2019. It does not show up on the Navigation Screen or Tesla Supercharger Map. Need to go to supercharge.info it is more up to date!

RayD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally made use of the Medway supercharger this weekend! Amazing how much time and stress is saved having a supercharger near your off-grid camping destination. And to think last time I spent hours sleeping and charging down by the river instead. Now if only I could get V2G AC out for camping and variable height suspension to handle the Golden Road, I would be all set!

Reactions: Castlerock
Well I finally made use of the Medway supercharger this weekend! Amazing how much time and stress is saved having a supercharger near your off-grid camping destination. And to think last time I spent hours sleeping and charging down by the river instead. Now if only I could get V2G AC out for camping and variable height suspension to handle the Golden Road, I would be all set!

That would be amazing! My buddy's camp is off of Golden Rd and it would be cool if I could bring my Y up there w/o worrying about charges. Though, I think if I charge to full at Medway, I should be fine.

Reactions: JWardell
I've never been on the Golden Road, but I've done quite a few of the logging and back country roads on the north and east sides of Moosehead. The forest rangers in the area carry 2 spare tires and after getting a flat myself years ago in my Ford Ranger way off the pavement past Spencer Pond, I can see why. (I was saved by my spare.) The local rock types make for some brutal gravel on those roads I have been told.

I'm eventually getting a MY and though I'd love to do at least some of the North Woods territory in it, more than worrying about charging I'd worry about flats. The combination of high curb weight and low profile tires, along with the lack of an onboard spare doesn't suggest that Models S, X, 3, or Y are a good ride for the Golden Road.

Someone give me some hope please.

I've never been on the Golden Road, but I've done quite a few of the logging and back country roads on the north and east sides of Moosehead. The forest rangers in the area carry 2 spare tires and after getting a flat myself years ago in my Ford Ranger way off the pavement past Spencer Pond, I can see why. (I was saved by my spare.) The local rock types make for some brutal gravel on those roads I have been told.

I'm eventually getting a MY and though I'd love to do at least some of the North Woods territory in it, more than worrying about charging I'd worry about flats. The combination of high curb weight and low profile tires, along with the lack of an onboard spare doesn't suggest that Models S, X, 3, or Y are a good ride for the Golden Road.

Someone give me some hope please.

Well I've been up two years in a row with my 3 with no issues, though I did drop pressures down to ~42 for a little extra safety.
I DID hit a pothole or something hard to the bumpstops and it lit up the screen with all sorts of errors, ABS regen and stability control disabled...very nervous in the middle of the road! Put I pulled over an did my usual out and back into drive and it was happy again. Probably a jostled comms cable.
My friend did get a flat in his SUV though, thanks to a bolt mixed in with the golden road gravel...had to get a replacement back in millinocket

I was just on the golden road this weekend, and there’s no way I’d take my new MY on it. It’s pretty messy these days, since the mill in East Millinocket closed it may not be as well maintained as It used to be. It’s still used for wood transport but has many different private owners. Beware!

• Informative
Reactions: Farmer
I was just on the golden road this weekend, and there’s no way I’d take my new MY on it. It’s pretty messy these days, since the mill in East Millinocket closed it may not be as well maintained as It used to be. It’s still used for wood transport but has many different private owners. Beware!

Agree, at baseline, Golden Rd is awful. I do recall being up there in early March this year where the roads had been pretty snow packed. It actually created a very smooth road to drive on.

But agree, would be a gamble to take a Tesla up that way and be hit with some rocky roads.

Wow, the app shows a wait......at Medway of all places. 'Crazy day in northern New England for sure.
Well, it was on or close to totality. Houlton pushed the boat out so maybe some headed up that way.

Medway is a V2, which is max 75kW so bound to slow down when busy. People reported Berlin, VT similarly slammed and slow.
V3s do better power sharing so should at least be able to max out the site capabilities.

Last edited:
I have a 2nd home in Littleton. I was there Friday until today and reading about all the traffic mayhem around northern New England, I realize that I really dodged a bullet by having a multi-day place to stay for this event. Traffic at the Medway exit looked pretty sick Monday evening on Google Maps. It's funny to imagine such a quiet place getting so slammed by traffic. As we headed Littleton to MA today we noticed that it looks like that Maine DOT is setting up for a major bridge reconstruction project at this exit. They had a lane drop set up on the southbound side as well as new traffic signals at the end of each highway off-ramp. The signals are mounted on wooden poles so I think that they are temporary.

Also noticed that Medway showed reduced service in the app this morning. We didn't stop, however, because coming from Littleton, Medway is too soon of a stop. It was back to full by early afternoon. 'Not sure what that was about.