Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medway, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously no change when I went by today either. I stopped at Baxter HQ on my way out and plugged in while I used running water after camping. Glad I didn't take chances with it on the way up Thursday, with only one plug if it's taken you can be screwed. At least Roy Powers has several. I had charged to 95% at Brewer on the way up and according to nav could have made it up and back if I drove slow, but glad I added the extra charge...my car never went to sleep all weekend despite being off grid and even hitting power down. I could see my dash cams running all the time. Would not have had enough power left to make it to Brewer if I had not charged up there. The supercharger is going to be very useful when it arrives. Now for some sleep, exhausted from playing in the Penobscott!

Reactions: jlv1
Visited Medway today (8/13/19) on my inaugural Model 3 ride and saw 4 electrical bucket trucks working at Irving, 2 on poles at opposite sides of entrances.
20190813_122957.jpg

While waiting for Medway to come on line, does anyone have any experience with Ivey’s Motor Lodge in Houlton? PlugShare says they have 4 Clipper Creek 40r chargers ( free to guest/ nominal charge to public) but no check-ins as of yet. I may stop for lunch and see about slurping some current at the same time in mid-September and will call to see what nominal means.

Well somebody thought it was enough info to put on supercharge.info
I am planning on driving up there this Saturday just to see the progress and have a picnic by the river. Odds are excellent this will be online by Indigenous People's Day in October. I'm hoping to pull together a rally event along scenic Rt. 11 that weekend.
Katahdin Scenic Byway Rally October 2019
Since there are no pedestals at this Supercharger it is too late to plan an event for the target weekend. The Rally is on hold until I have had a chance to charge and drive the route. Maybe next year!

I went by on my way to Baxter State Park on Thursday 9/19 and then on the way out on 9/21 and no change. I was able to make it round trip from the Brewer, Maine supercharger to Roaring Brook Campground and back to Brewer with 15% left in my Model 3 AWD LR 19”. Lost 10% capacity sitting in the campground over 48 hours...not sure why but I do know opening the Medway charger will make the trip to Baxter a little less stressful!

Reactions: Gwgan
I went by on my way to Baxter State Park on Thursday 9/19 and then on the way out on 9/21 and no change. I was able to make it round trip from the Brewer, Maine supercharger to Roaring Brook Campground and back to Brewer with 15% left in my Model 3 AWD LR 19”. Lost 10% capacity sitting in the campground over 48 hours...not sure why but I do know opening the Medway charger will make the trip to Baxter a little less stressful!

I did a the same itinerary on 9/5 leaving on 9/8. (perfect Catherdral/Summit/Knife Edge day Friday). Just enough for the round trip. I did turn off the climate and the interior lights, and din't lose that much. I did hear a comment on one of the Tesla podcasts that a "camping" mode might be coming in V10. Wasn't sure if it was an entertainment thing or a real, shut it all down to save charge idea.