Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Menifee, CA (LIVE 30 Sep 2019, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happens sometimes. Webster TX was operational on 9/18 and still isn't on the Tesla site or Nav.

Interesting...the remodel appears mostly done, and the containers that were blocking the majority of the parking lot are mostly gone as of today (not sure when they were moved, as the last time I was here was last Saturday). Seems entirely possible that they *were* waiting for this before activating the site in the car.

I wonder if anyone here had theorized on that being a possibility from the beginning. Hmmm...

• Funny
Reactions: GHammer
Supercharger has nothing to do with the remodeling of Target. It was put in by the management of the center, not by Target.

Went there this afternoon to check it out. Looks like they do not have it yet up to full speed as was only charging about 58 KW. (230 mph). Might be running it easy at first, before ramping up to full power.

Imagine Tesla will get their ducks all in a row before putting the site up on the map.

Very nice installation and great location. Believe it will be a popular spot for traveling Tesla. Will take some pressure off the busy Temecula Promenade mall parking structure location. Travelers now have lots of options going up either I-15 or I-215.

See posts that some are disappointed that Tesla is not expanding Superchargers faster, but from what i can see, they are popping up all over the place. Bonus is that the cars can now charge even faster than a year or so ago.

My M3 charged at 43kW I had this morning where nobody is charging..

Happy as can be today! All to myself. Stations are not yet showing on map, nor does charging show up in recent charging but perhaps both will show up soon. Either way, pretty stoked these are now available!

Attachments

• 9B61F810-A5D1-4D9B-ADE1-C71D38EEE925.jpeg
    9B61F810-A5D1-4D9B-ADE1-C71D38EEE925.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 103
  • F6C8933B-ADB4-4052-9E84-1990ED579ADC.jpeg
    F6C8933B-ADB4-4052-9E84-1990ED579ADC.jpeg
    675.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 4856900E-2CC7-4607-9DE7-F45E36C71B16.jpeg
    4856900E-2CC7-4607-9DE7-F45E36C71B16.jpeg
    633.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 5070FCFD-4B2D-4023-AB4F-E2242B2714C6.jpeg
    5070FCFD-4B2D-4023-AB4F-E2242B2714C6.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 08A5166F-87AF-4A29-8CCF-F915CB1E6C68.jpeg
    08A5166F-87AF-4A29-8CCF-F915CB1E6C68.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 97
Supercharger has nothing to do with the remodeling of Target. It was put in by the management of the center, not by Target.

Went there this afternoon to check it out. Looks like they do not have it yet up to full speed as was only charging about 58 KW. (230 mph). Might be running it easy at first, before ramping up to full power.

Imagine Tesla will get their ducks all in a row before putting the site up on the map.

Very nice installation and great location. Believe it will be a popular spot for traveling Tesla. Will take some pressure off the busy Temecula Promenade mall parking structure location. Travelers now have lots of options going up either I-15 or I-215.

See posts that some are disappointed that Tesla is not expanding Superchargers faster, but from what i can see, they are popping up all over the place. Bonus is that the cars can now charge even faster than a year or so ago.

@ Paul, I tried charging my car couple of times today.
- 8:45 AM charge rate = 43 kW
-3:30 PM = 67 kW

1B52B14E-6DF0-43F0-85C4-723A16DBE1AF.jpeg D72CEF6F-686F-4FC5-858A-CE8928343AF7.jpeg 7964B5D6-BDF2-4F17-AC03-8188350CE568.jpeg
7964B5D6-BDF2-4F17-AC03-8188350CE568.jpeg
I went yesterday at 46% and got 82kw. I didn’t get charged for it tho? Hmm. It says current session is 10.15 but that was from my last charging session and didn’t update when I unplugged it and didn’t show up in the history section of my account.
7964B5D6-BDF2-4F17-AC03-8188350CE568.jpeg

I was recently in Menifee, CA to touch the new Supercharger there, but despite being advertised here as open I couldn't find it on my car navigation. We shouldn't change the info here to Open until it shows up the car's Nav.

The good news was that since it wasn't on the network yet I wasn't charged for filling my car. The bad news is that since I wasn't able to favorite the site or have it show as visited in my account I am not sure if I have "officially" visited it. I thought I would just favorite it when I got home and it opened, but I cannot SEE Superchargers that far away. Messing with my Superchargers Visited game.

I had the same thing happen when I was trying to touch the new at-the-time Watsonville Supercharger, it too didn't show that I was being charged, so I filled up there too. My timing was terrible, AS I charged they turned on the charger in nav so I ended up paying for power I didn't want to pay for. As I drove away I was at least able to favorite the station.

So please don't say it's open until we can visit it officially

The good news was that since it wasn't on the network yet I wasn't charged for filling my car. The bad news is that since I wasn't able to favorite the site or have it show as visited in my account I am not sure if I have "officially" visited it. I thought I would just favorite it when I got home and it opened, but I cannot SEE Superchargers that far away. Messing with my Superchargers Visited game.
I would say that the good news outweighs the “bad” news in this case. :cool:

I have added “not in Nav” yet to the thread title. But the fact remains that this Supercharger is “live” and operational (you can charge there, which is the most important thing) and the thread title should indicate that whether you can visit it “officially” or not.

Thank you.

Reactions: RubberToe
It's live in the car now, but the available count is wrong. I'm sitting here looking at it right now, completely empty...and the car says 9 of 12 available.

So, both the available number and the total number are wrong (there are 14 stalls).

Also of note, they fixed the issue where one of the chargepoint stalls had a Tesla sign up...those four spots now all just say electric vehicle charging only. The chargepoint stations are not showing in the CP app yet.

Now the car says 10 spots available. Clearly they're still working on this.

Also, a heads up to anyone using this SC: watch out for rogue carts. This is the absolute worst lot I have ever seen for people leaving Target carts all over the place, and Target staff is completely useless for cleaning them up in a timely manner.

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz3D
Inconsiderate View attachment 483270 View attachment 483271 ICE hole parked at SC. Do you teach them a lesson?

what exactly do you mean by "teach them a lesson?"

it was black friday and this is a very crowded shopping center with a ton of chain stores. the SC is kinda out in the middle of nowhere, but it's not exactly a huge parking lot given the number of big stores that are there.

To read and understand the sign. Is that simple! When I arrived, there were available spots on east of Target infront of Lowe's. Personally, the owner is very inconsiderate and selfish, taking advantage of a closer spot and do the shopping. Take note 5A and 5B are down and several Tesla owners are trying to access but they have to wait in queue.Tesla should put a sign that says "vehicle (EV/non-EV) should towed at owners expense if not charging.

To all Tesla drivers next time if this happen to you, what should you do.

a. contact a towing company
b. put a note on the windshield
c. ignore

Last edited:
Reactions: whisperingshad
EV Charging stations are a new thing, California legislators need to step up and pass laws to enforce parking violations. All the chargers are located on private property and hence fall under a whole different set of laws that apply to towing and enforcement. You just cant call a tow truck to tow away a violator. its a legislation problem that our lawmakers need to address. ASAP