Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Metairie, LA

drdumont

Nov 22, 2019
North Texas
Coming along. No idea when they will be turned on. 12 stalls. Even have some shaded spots
Thanks for all the gorgeous pictures! Hope they don't torture us like they did in Grapevine, TX. For weeks, those appeared to be ready in all respects for sea until they finally were energized.

We've got a couple of trips scheduled in late June and maybe July, so fingers crossed.

There's always the four 30 Amp Tesla wall charger adapters at the Holiday Inn on Causeway. They are pretty nice folks there who don't mind your dropping by for a sip now and then. We usually stay overnight there.

No more detours through Slidell!

This news also made Reddit, BTW.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaLounge/comments/nnzwpu

Andrejun

Nov 16, 2018
Lafayette, Louisiana
Exciting! I'm in New Orleans all the time and this is going to fix so many issues in my life.
Any body want to wager a guess if they will be on June 3rd? Based on my Lafayette experience, they will not be.

snord

Jul 20, 2020
Louisiana
Theyre up and running. 250kw. Chargers are on the north side of the supermarket.

The actual stalls are set up so that they are closest to the car’s socket if you drive forward into the parking spot, rather than reversing into it. Kind of a wordy explanation, but i couldn’t get photos to upload.

Reactions: mociaf9

dave_seba

May 27, 2021
New Orleans
Looking like Metairie Supercharger is on

Attachments

• 59C0643A-6705-4EB0-A864-1CB063E7AC61.jpeg
    59C0643A-6705-4EB0-A864-1CB063E7AC61.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 46

drdumont

Nov 22, 2019
North Texas
From the other great pictures, it appears to be on the East side of the building North of the porte cochere.

I'll be there the weekend of the 11th or the 18th.

Yayy Tesla!

Attachments

• NOLA SC 3.jpg
    NOLA SC 3.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 44
  • NOLA SC 2.jpg
    NOLA SC 2.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 39
  • NOLA SC 1.jpg
    NOLA SC 1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 42

drdumont

Nov 22, 2019
North Texas
My bad, I said North but yes, East is actually correct
No prob. I have trouble telling up from down some days! See you at the new Suprecharger!
And Welcome, New Orleans, to the 21st Century. And the best part is, it happened in Jefferson Parish!

Now if the CDM were only right there. Teslas, Cafe au Lait and Beignets all in one stop... MMMmmm...

kavyboy

Jan 13, 2016
Spring, TX
That seemed like a short time between permit to opening. I'm sure the data's out there to compare it to others, but I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm just happy it's there. Makes NOLA trips a lot easier.

drdumont

Nov 22, 2019
North Texas
There should be a special seat in reserved Hell for morons like this.
No, I take that back. Morons can't help it.
Too bad there's few things to do to the driver that are legal.
If there were only a way to make the Tesla nozzle spark...

Reactions: Durbo and RTPEV

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC